20 Amp (12 wire) in dining rooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quogueelectric

Paul, in each of the two apartments in the building you did the partial final on for me, I had to mount a receptacle on the non-kitchen side of the peninsula, not on the SA circuit, because the living-room side was considered wall space, and another one on the SA circuit, at the end of each peninsula.

By "chief electrical code admin", do you mean Pat Murphy? He's great to talk with. Ed Tidwell is a little, shall we say, dryer :)wink:), but he does explain stuff when he has the time. I've learned a lot from both of them, and I've found that our inspectors have great attitues and appreciate being consulted.
Its getting deep in here.

radiopet

Basically here is my view of the peninsular issue.....agree or not....it is my view until it is clear otherwise.
I know...I know.....many dont agree and I am fine with that.

What it is reflecting is the peninsular goes all the way to the wall....but because it connects to the wall it creates a counter space due to the specific sizing and the peninsular begins at the demarked line as would any other case regarding the connecting edge, We never debate usable walls space because it does not say that in the NEC...it never mentions usable so in the same type of effect....we have spaces behind doors people argue is not usuable space if it is over 2' wide...yet the NEC says nothing about usable space and we make them install one.....I guess in my logic I dont see any difference in ruling this space a counter space and having a receptacle for the wall space and then one for the peninsular..I sleep fine at night with this ruling and I believe 99% of the electricians would put both in anyway.

Again only my view......lets not bash opinions as we all have them...lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.