2011 Code Changes- Post your favorite and Discuss them

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebell

Vending machines GFCIs are not required to be readily accessible. Only those GFCIs listed in 210.8 have to be readily accessible

I agree with you Tom the only problem as I see it is how do you access the GFCI device to test it, if it is a part of the cord as allowed in 422.51. I thought one of the major reasons
for GFCI's being readily accessible was to allow easier testing of the devices.

lakee911

I agree with you Tom the only problem as I see it is how do you access the GFCI device to test it, if it is a part of the cord as allowed in 422.51. I thought one of the major reasons
for GFCI's being readily accessible was to allow easier testing of the devices.

Maybe put it on a GFCI fed receptacle or a GFCI breaker?

jwelectric

Okay I must have misunderstood this sentence. I read it as down an outside insulated wall... Not sure what else it means..:)

I have a wall that is insulated and finished such as siding on one side and sheet rock on the other. If the cable is installed on the outside of this wall, either down the siding or down the sheetrock but not in there where the insulation is located then the 75 degree column.

Put in there where the insulation is at and now 60 degree.

Going through the top plate of botton plate and then through the attic insulation or the basement or crawl space insulation then 60 degree

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have a wall that is insulated and finished such as siding on one side and sheet rock on the other. If the cable is installed on the outside of this wall, either down the siding or down the sheetrock but not in there where the insulation is located then the 75 degree column.
Well yeah --:)-- thats pretty obvious but I didn't think that's what you meant as you rarely see that install.
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.