Status
Not open for further replies.

DAWGS

Inspector failed a 200A upgrade we did today citing 225.33(A):mad:We fed a 100A main lug subpanel in the attached garage from a 90A breaker in the main panel. He told my guy the subpanel needed a main disconnect. Whats up with this guy. Left him a message and he hasnt returned my call.:mad:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
sorry...I see so many "detached" my eyes fooled me.:)
sight unseen, seems like a bad call.

DAWGS

My guy said the inspector called another guy (I assume inspector) and asked him, came back from his truck and cited this article. Im just baffled.:confused:

jwjrw

No, your not confused. This inspector is though.

Did a sewer lift. 480 to 240 stepdown to a small 12 circuit 120/204 panel. Fed it 60 amps with main tie down. Inspector tells me im wrong..... its not a sep derived system. I had just done one and when he looked at it then it was.....Confusion is everywhere.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Inspector failed a 200A upgrade we did today citing 225.33(A):mad:We fed a 100A main lug subpanel in the attached garage from a 90A breaker in the main panel. He told my guy the subpanel needed a main disconnect. Whats up with this guy. Left him a message and he hasnt returned my call.:mad:

All he needs to read is 225.1 and he'll understand that he's not even in the correct Article.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
now you expect us to READ !
Just how much pressure to you think we can take as inspectors ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.