Another what would you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Even though I am in agreement with a "FORM" I bet it would hold little value if someone were killed because of blatantly dangerous situation that a professional failed to correct. I am not advocating this I am just making a poin that I think lawyers and legal course is so crazy sometimes that even innocent peopl get burned. I could hear it now.....

"Well the professional should have know how dangerous this was and therfor shoudl not have been satasified with just a form"

I dont have a better method I am just saying I dont think a form is wacko lawyer proof. I guess thats why we have insurance.... to make lawyers rich.

Nothing is legally bullet-proof. And I never claimed it to be.

Truth be known, any lawyer worth his/her salt would sue you just because you knew about the problem.

Here ya go:

IMG_1233_2.jpg

Now everyone on this forum is legally liable because they didn't do what a professional electrician is required to do.............fix it and make it safe!

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
If we had to turn down every job with an existing violation, many of us would be out of work.

When I run into this type of scenario, I do the requested work, and list all the violations I found on the invoice, after of course explaining what I found wrong in an attempt to get more work out of the job.

All of the violations are listed on the invoice and delivered to the customer.

SiddMartin

"ELECTRICAL

ALL PROVISIONS OF NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE ARTICLE 680 SHALL BE COMPLIED
WITH.
GROUND-FAULT CIRCUIT-INTERRUPTERS NEC 210.8(A)(3),680.5
All outside receptacles shall be GFCI. Ground-fault circuit-interrupters shall be self-contained units,
circuit-breaker or receptacle types, or other listed types."

Power Tech

"ELECTRICAL

ALL PROVISIONS OF NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE ARTICLE 680 SHALL BE COMPLIED
WITH.
GROUND-FAULT CIRCUIT-INTERRUPTERS NEC 210.8(A)(3),680.5
All outside receptacles shall be GFCI. Ground-fault circuit-interrupters shall be self-contained units,
circuit-breaker or receptacle types, or other listed types."

So if the panel is on the other side of the house and you are using a branch circuit to comply with 680.22 you would set a panel not less than 6 ft and not mote than 20 ft instead of a GFI receptacle. Pool panels come with a KO just for the GFI for the light. I have lived in So Cal for 40 years and have done dozens of pools. Of corse I could be wrong. I would like to ask Mike Holt. I feel this is a very important life safety topic. Let's seek the truth.

480sparky

680.5 Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters.
Ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) shall be self-contained units, circuit-breaker or receptacle types, or other listed types.

c2500

Oh come on, thats uncalled for. Show me in the code where you can use a GFI breaker for the light.

While we are just getting into the 2005 NEC, 680.51 (A) says you will protect the light with a GFCI. I assume you are refering to the "pool light" aka Luminaires. There is also 680.22 (B) (3) and (4) and (5)

c2500

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.