Anyone experiencing Eaton delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Thought i should put this out there for anyone quoting Eaton right now.

I ordered a small gear package first week of April; two 225a panelboards, one 400a panelboard, and an 800A MDP.

They show my interior shipping mid June and the cans shipping last week of June. My supplier has the cans in stock, now hoping they can piece together the interiors from shelf stock.

When the PO was released I was told to expect normal shipping time of 4 weeks.

Yesterday I went looking for a CH 20/1 AFCI; none of the Eaton distributors here have any in stock, and I was told lots of breakers on back order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masterinbama

Needed 10 QO120's. Went to Graybar and was told 10 to 14 days. Luckily I had used in stock. Had to tell the customer I would have to come back and swap for new when they came in.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
If they shut down production and/or distribution warehouses then there could be impact to what was normal availability.

Shipping companies could end up creating delays as well.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I expected this to happen, but to tell me there are no delays and then find out there is a 10 week delay is going to put me in a hard spot with the GC.

Microwatt

I put a $205k+ gear order in to Eaton about a year ago. Everything has been coming in as expected. Even the 5kv to 480v xfmr. They wrote a couple weeks ago that they were having trouble getting the surge arrestors for the 5kv MV switch and the ship date might push 4 weeks. Not a big deal now that the project has been shut down for the time being.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Spoke with Eaton today. The main factory is closed, and will be closed for another 2 weeks at minimum.

They are having a satellite plant in Atlanta build out my panelboards for me which will get it here 2 weeks earlier.

Placed a Square D order this week, 60 day lead time now. Job will be done before the gear gets here.

kwired

Electron manager
Spoke with Eaton today. The main factory is closed, and will be closed for another 2 weeks at minimum.

They are having a satellite plant in Atlanta build out my panelboards for me which will get it here 2 weeks earlier.

Placed a Square D order this week, 60 day lead time now. Job will be done before the gear gets here.

Was Square D order for factory assembled items or normally stocked items?

I may have a few panelboards and some pump panels to order coming up, but should be items that are typically stocked in their distribution system.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Was Square D order for factory assembled items or normally stocked items?

I may have a few panelboards and some pump panels to order coming up, but should be items that are typically stocked in their distribution system.

It was a few 225A panelboards with breakers factory installed. And an 800 distribution panel.

The distributors I use normally stock these items also and can deliver to us unassembled if needed, but the problem is that normal stock has been exhausted across multiple brands due to factory closures.

cwalkercomo

Former sparky, electrical distributor sales now.
Occupation
Electrical sales
We're a Square D house and we've seen some massive backorders that have only gotten worse. Homeline 2 pole breakers are about 100,000-175,000 on back order. The other problem is that their system can't accurately tell us when we're expected to receive some of our orders, they say it's expected to ship 5/1 but we're in June now and there's no update. Square D had their distribution centers well stocked and maintaining orders for months but now their out and the factories themselves were either closed or running at low capacity. I would figure Eaton and the other brands are in the same boat as well right now.

Barbqranch

Occupation
Plant maintenance electrician Semi-retired
I need a BJ3150 breaker to finish a compressor install. I was told they have 129 on back order. Yesterday I was able to buy a new one from eBay, should be shipped today.

Bob_Sacamano

Occupation
electrician
My area is very understocked of all breakers from all brands. Eaton especially. I had to show my face in overpriced Ace Hardware just to get what I needed. Thankfully no one else shops there!

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
We're a Square D house and we've seen some massive backorders that have only gotten worse. Homeline 2 pole breakers are about 100,000-175,000 on back order. The other problem is that their system can't accurately tell us when we're expected to receive some of our orders, they say it's expected to ship 5/1 but we're in June now and there's no update. Square D had their distribution centers well stocked and maintaining orders for months but now their out and the factories themselves were either closed or running at low capacity. I would figure Eaton and the other brands are in the same boat as well right now.
we are having similar problems with AB. up to a few months ago you could depend on the dates they gave you. the stuff would ship on time, every time. now lots of run of the mill stuff is either unavailable or delayed indefinitely. worse, they wait until it is too late to swap it out sometimes to tell us. OTOH, somethings like MCCB's can often be swapped out and sometimes I can get something usable. But it is hard to swap out a VFD. Powerflex 525's are very hard to come by right now, and because they are in short supply PF753's have become hard to get as users change from PF525's to PF753's.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Just got two ILine breakers that had been on backorder three months ago, luckily I was able to reuse the old ones until they came in. Complete service change. Can’t find any Eaton CH breakers, plenty of BR. Don’t know about bolt in.

Status
Not open for further replies.