Bending electrical PVC with a heating blanket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Does anybody know if these really work...

http://www.hotbend.com/index.html

Iwire said in #12 they have several. I do not have one but I do use a torch which is essentially the same thing and it works.

I have not personally used them, but in talking with our warehouse man he tells me they are very popular and in demand by the feild crews.

Not having to drag a generator around a large site is a big plus, we would often rent 'Gators' http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...m=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=900 just to carry a generator and hot box around large sites.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Iwire said in #12 they have several. I do not have one but I do use a torch which is essentially the same thing and it works.

You didn't hear this from me, but......

If you get some grey primer (spray can type) from the local car parts store you will have a means to make the brown and sometimes black spots on the conduit go away. It's almost exactly the same color and hides scorches just like it was identified for the purpose.

:roll:

kbsparky

... I do use a torch which is essentially the same thing and it works.

Same here. We carry 2 torches on the truck, and they work quite fast and effectively. Use them for heat shrink as well.

That way we can kill 2 stones with one bird. :roll:

And, no, we don't need any gray primer or paint. We don't scorch our pipes.

mivey

You didn't hear this from me, but......

If you get some grey primer (spray can type) from the local car parts store you will have a means to make the brown and sometimes black spots on the conduit go away. It's almost exactly the same color and hides scorches just like it was identified for the purpose.

:roll:
Never thought of that. I have found that the abrasiveness of the dirt in the hole will remove slight discolorations as well. I mean it had to be the dirt, right? :grin:

And, no, we don't need any gray primer or paint. We don't scorch our pipes.
Yeah, me neither but I will occasionally discolor the conduit so I can identify the location of the bend. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.