child proof recepts being required!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
Stickboy, it's not about "safety period" as in, if something proves safer then it is adopted. Like it or not, there's a cost benefit, even on human life. Surely, someone once died because they couldn't see the slots on a dark brown or black receptacle, and used their fingers to guide the prongs in. Have they banned dark receptacles? No.

So you only feel this newer safety product should be by request only? I wish this forum was around when GFI's came out... I think that would be the longest thread ever! ;) :grin:

I don't think the issue is fatalities but rather burns delivered to toddlers. And it IS a real problem. I can see the requirement for receptacles to which a toddler has access but it's hard to justify refrigerator receptacles and others that are out of reach.
As far as cost is concerned no one has come up with the cost of treatment for burned toddlers. That's a very real cost.
So my customer wants Decora receptacles in his new house. Are there Decora tamperproof receptacles available yet?

electricalperson

cellularantenna said:
I don't think the issue is fatalities but rather burns delivered to toddlers. And it IS a real problem. I can see the requirement for receptacles to which a toddler has access but it's hard to justify refrigerator receptacles and others that are out of reach.
As far as cost is concerned no one has come up with the cost of treatment for burned toddlers. That's a very real cost.
So my customer wants Decora receptacles in his new house. Are there Decora tamperproof receptacles available yet?
http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_DR15S-G.htm

electricalperson

cellularantenna said:
i also got a real nice TR receptacle from hubble. nice quality. came with the free home select kit i got from a magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.