Cutting back on existing circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mule

I've got two panels that are full in a commercial space due to the past occupancy and I need more circuits in another room as its becoming a small church sancuary. If I wanted to consolidate circuits to create space, can I do it in the panel? or do I have to do it in Jbox or gutter? Most of the load in these panels is purely lighting load, and what ever reason there are like 24 circuits feeding nothing but lighting and recepts in aprox. 1000/sqft. which consist of 4 class rooms, a office, small nursery, and two restrooms. There is already one sub panel, which has the same issue. Im betting if I clamped on a amp meter, the whole panel would be less than 40 amps....

HVAC load is in a adjacent 3ph panel..

Mule

well jeesh. excuse me. just giving you different paths to walk. I already told you the easiest one.

You took me wrong my friend, wasnt poking at you at all....Im looking for the correct way to consolidate the circuits as the thread stated...
:smile:

Mule

Yes ,Really. Yes ,I did say, maybe a state test to insure electricians are knowledegable in their craft.

Oh my, I guess a "clamp on" wont tell you if you are borderline in the first place? :smile: Thanks for 312 reference....that was my question...,

I would like to think you would trust that I am knowledegable enough to determine if a panel is loaded or not.....and FYI Ive taken plenty of test....I just think you are "testy"

signed, stupid, ......., .........,........., now un-knowledegable.....:smile:

Rewire

Oh my, I guess a "clamp on" wont tell you if you are borderline in the first place? :smile: Thanks for 312 reference....that was my question...,

I would like to think you would trust that I am knowledegable enough to determine if a panel is loaded or not.....and FYI Ive taken plenty of test....I just think you are "testy"

signed, stupid, ......., .........,........., now un-knowledegable.....:smile:

I don't know maybe you are just trying to raise your post count but several of your posts gave me pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.