Cutting back on existing circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawireguy

312.8 says you can splice in that panel. I don't know any electrician that is going to do a load calc to see if they can splice some #12's together to combine some circuits. I think every EC I've worked for would have a heart attack if they caught me with a calculator figuring out cross sections and lengths of wire in a normal panel.

wawireguy

I was gonna edit my post but didn't see a edit option.. Meant a box fill calc, not a load calc. Busted out the books, doing some studying. Must have had load calc on the brain.

rt66electric

scavenger hunt

scavenger hunt

Hello fellow Okie... dont overlook the oblivious.. go on a scavenger hunt. Find out what the past occupancies were, what is no longer being used? Cut and abandon mystery circuts and run new ones. Use your horse sense. Dont use your amprobe to find loading, Just walk around and see what is being used. For instance: a dress shop(lighing only) takes less draw than a tanning salon(count the number of beds).

Mule

Hello fellow Okie... dont overlook the oblivious.. go on a scavenger hunt. Find out what the past occupancies were, what is no longer being used? Cut and abandon mystery circuts and run new ones. Use your horse sense. Dont use your amprobe to find loading, Just walk around and see what is being used. For instance: a dress shop(lighing only) takes less draw than a tanning salon(count the number of beds).

Thanks but its a done deal, finished it up today, found some circuits that had hardly no load with my amprobe...moved them to another circuit in some jboxes, which free'd up some breaker space, and home runs...yahoo.........and my HUNCH was correct....24amps load on a 150amp panel.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.