Dual energy generation with magnetic seesaw system and gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumper

Jraef, you're a San Francisco guy, have you checked out the Exploratorium exhibit where you power a couple different types of lightbulbs and/or a small fan and/or a radio with a generator hooked to some bicycle pedals? Vikram just needs to try that thing out. Unless he's just messing with us, of course. :D

I spent a fair amount of my youth in S.F. and have been to the Exploratorium quite a few times. Great place.

It moved in 2013, it used to be in the Palace of Fine Arts down in the Marina.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I spent a fair amount of my youth in S.F. and have been to the Exploratorium quite a few times. Great place.

It moved in 2013, it used to be in the Palace of Fine Arts down in the Marina.

The exhibit I mentioned is at the new location. I could be mixing up foggy memories, but think I remember seeing it at the old location too.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
but mass is not an issue in this design we are just shaking only a balanced seesaw and again remember we are shaking the balanced seesaw and this seesaw will work to distribute equal force in each flashlight to glow up.. .please use only common sense.

please provide me only 10 flashlights I can build it only in 10 minutes and prove it and if you have 4 to 10 flashlights then attach them on a scale and make a middle hole in this scale .Now apply only as much force as to needed to glow up a single flashlight + some little force to counter negligible mechanical loss. you will get surprised that it will work.
you can do it if you have flashlights.

so, you want us to send you ten flashlights? ok.

i've got a guy who i sent money to in lagos,nigeria, who will be
transferring US nineteen MILLION dollars to me be by wire transfer
any day now. he said so, just the other day... i had to send him
$200 cash for transfer fees, but that is nothing compared to
nineteen MILLION dollars, right?

as soon as my check shows up...

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
They aren't even "super" capacitors, they are just capacitors. They fail easily because the connections break from the shock of shaking them. people think if they shake HARDER, it makes more energy, when in fact all it does is damage them. It's simply a magnet moving through a coil, any energy put in that is more than what it takes to move that magnet is wasted anyway.

With the two significant qualifiers:
1. the light (LED) will be brighter as the voltage on the cap increases, and to develop a higher voltage you need to move the magnet through the coil faster.
2. To charge the capacitor from flat (below LED forward voltage) at time t = 0 the rate at which you are charging will increase as you pump more cycles per second, and that faster shaking will necessarily be a harder shaking.

The brand I am most familiar with also has springs at each end of the magnet travel, which minimize the impact effect and recover at least part of the energy associated with "excess" velocity.

so, you want us to send you ten flashlights? ok.

i've got a guy who i sent money to in lagos,nigeria, who will be
transferring US nineteen MILLION dollars to me be by wire transfer
any day now. he said so, just the other day... i had to send him
$200 cash for transfer fees, but that is nothing compared to
nineteen MILLION dollars, right?

as soon as my check shows up...
If you have ten flashlights you do it .

With the two significant qualifiers:
1. the light (LED) will be brighter as the voltage on the cap increases, and to develop a higher voltage you need to move the magnet through the coil faster.
2. To charge the capacitor from flat (below LED forward voltage) at time t = 0 the rate at which you are charging will increase as you pump more cycles per second, and that faster shaking will necessarily be a harder shaking.

The brand I am most familiar with also has springs at each end of the magnet travel, which minimize the impact effect and recover at least part of the energy associated with "excess" velocity.

just tell me that how much force is required to turn a seesaw has 5 kilogram mass towards 3 centimeter /second side by side (thrice in each second)?

and also tell me force required to glow up a flashlight.

I will answered .

Besoeker

Sorry it's too much to understand :p

When they did try to teach us to use it in school it was the metric system not SI units.
It might have been incorrectly called metric. But think about it. How many metres in a kilogram?

iwire

Staff member
It might have been incorrectly called metric.

Goggle 'The Metric System' and you will find that is what it is called here

Personally I don't ever recall anyone here calling it SI.

But that does not make either term incorrect just different for different areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.