Edit Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITO

Look, I don't know who set up the edit button so there is a limited time to go back and edit yours post, but if I cant go back and fix my numerous spelling mistakes or remove posts I made in haste then I probably will just stop posting all together.:mad:

480sparky

It gets real confusing if you post, then 10 others reply to your post, then you go back and edit it......

Spelling is one thing. Most of us can figure that out. But editing a post altogether a couple days afterwards is something else.

If you want a post removed, just politely ask the mods.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
ITO said:
Look, I don't know who set up the edit button so there is a limited time to go back and edit yours post, but if I cant go back and fix my numerous spelling mistakes or remove posts I made in haste then I probably will just stop posting all together.:mad:

Read this thread

peter d

stevenj76 said:
If ITO stops posting here,

I am going to stop coming here all together.

That is pretty shortsighted, don't you think? There is a massive amount of information available here that will do nothing but help you advance as an electrician. It would be a shame to throw that away just because a particular member leaves.

mdshunk

If Peter D leaves here, I'm going to jump off a bridge.

I think the edit thing sucks too, probably is too short of a period of time, but I'm over it.

mdshunk

peter d said:
Been hitting the Dr. Pepper pretty hard again, Marc? ;)
No, I went mini-golfing earlier with the wife and kids. They've got lots of little bridges there I'm sure I could jump off and not get hurt.

peter d

mdshunk said:
No, I went mini-golfing earlier with the wife and kids. They've got lots of little bridges there I'm sure I could jump off and not get hurt.

That's no where near as exciting as jumping off the Golden Gate.

480sparky

mdshunk said:

Not if you were wearing your OSHA-required fall-protection PPE. :D

mdshunk

ITO said:
My reply......................................................."The time limit is xxxxxxx, if I cant go back fix, spells check, or even rescind a smart ass comment that was made in haste them I am not going to post anything, just like I stopped at ECN."
Ever pull your hand out of a bucket of water and notice what happens?

Last edited by a moderator:

frizbeedog

ITO said:
My reply.......................................................

Slow down, think before you post.....or, keep your feet clean in the event that your foot lands in your mouth.

Hey, 10 minutes is more than you get in real life. Once the words are out there, even an edit cannot undo the damage.

Don't leave. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.