egregious violation pics . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim W in Tampa

You could not pull meter legally but i dam sure would and wait for the poco. In my mind you became liable for being there and knowing it could kill at any second. Yep pull it and tell them to call a cop. When Bubba gets there exsplain to him and hand meter to him.
How did this service ever get turned on to start with ?

ArcNSpark

I skipped to the end of this string, so I'll have to speculate that I'm the 400th person to say that that might be the worst electrical work I've ever seen.

TOOL_5150

In my mind you became liable for being there and knowing it could kill at any second.

Im glad you arent the police. Lets say Im walking down the street and a fellow jets out of a bank with a bag and a gun. then a bank clerk runs out and screams 'we've been robbed'. Now I saw this happen, but did nothing about it. The cops catch the robber and pick me up as well and we both go to jail, because I was there, and I knew that guy robbed the bank.

Do you get my point?:roll:

~Matt

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
. . . . In my mind you became liable for being there and knowing it could kill at any second. . .

Maybe; but that would never be on the court's mind.

I told the owner of the dangers. I don't have any right to disconnect it.

I'm not responsible for the decisions the HO makes.

We'll talk this over next weekend while I'm chillin' in your hot tub at one of those big parties you throw. ;)

old service; never disconnected from the last time a MH was there.

peter d

Maybe; but that would never be on the court's mind.

I told the owner of the dangers. I don't have any right to disconnect it.

I'm not responsible for the decisions the HO makes.

Right. As horrible as this is, there's not much you can do about it without the owner's consent. You can work through the AHJ "chain of command" in your area to get it resolved, but we are not the safety police after all.

But don't tell that to Jim. ;)

This first one is just unbelievable to use the ground as a ccc and ground the insulated conductor when both were available to use properly.

168b4d17e0c3.jpg

...and here where they made a "3R" enclosure by mounting it on an angle. :D

Also, obviously the use of NM-B outside and no box connectors and well, no boxes, and notice how the colors change back and forth as the white wire is tapped onto the black in the enclosure and then the to flip again in the next boxless splice to the right.

Since there was no cover on the A/C it would have been better to just route the wire that way but instead route it through the knockout without a connector. Enough vibration would eventually cut through.

All I can say is WOW!!!

e0d85a6ceceb.jpg

LLSolutions

I think you did the right thing. You informed them the best you could and called the poco. Unless you're gonna hide the meter on them they would probably have the power back on as soon as you turn the corner.

Karl H

Those pictures look like wiring you would see in Mexico,well except
for the breaker and polaris splices. The wires would be under the main lug
and the splices would be wires joined together and covered with
electrical tape.

Jim W in Tampa

Im glad you arent the police. Lets say Im walking down the street and a fellow jets out of a bank with a bag and a gun. then a bank clerk runs out and screams 'we've been robbed'. Now I saw this happen, but did nothing about it. The cops catch the robber and pick me up as well and we both go to jail, because I was there, and I knew that guy robbed the bank.

Do you get my point?:roll:

~Matt

No ,i don't
Just what is it you would do ?

peter d

No ,i don't
Just what is it you would do ?

Jim, it's private property. You have no right to start tearing things apart and shutting things down as you see fit. You can make the owners aware of it and you can call the AHJ, but beyond that there's not a darn thing you can do about it.

electricmanscott

You could not pull meter legally but i dam sure would and wait for the poco. In my mind you became liable for being there and knowing it could kill at any second. Yep pull it and tell them to call a cop. When Bubba gets there exsplain to him and hand meter to him.

I couldn;t even read past this post. :rolleyes:

Jim, enough already with your nonsense. :rolleyes:

480sparky

And enough with your attitude. I said it was not legal. But if i see a 5 year old with a gun i would take it off him and call cops before someone gets killed, this install is just as bad. I sure would not simply walk away doing nothing.

Bad analogy. A 5-year old may very well not have a clue what the dangers of firearms are.

An adult should certainly know what the dangers of poor electrical wiring are, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.