electricians going under to unfair trade practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

OK, let me try to understand what you are saying. You say that license should be abolished. Then you say there should be 1 license for the electrical contractor. Then you turn around and say the journeyman running the job should be licensed. I thought you were against being licensed:confused: . I am not sure where you are but, when I filled out my application to sit for the electrical exam in NC it did not ask me if I was white or black, male or female, old or young so the discrimination issue is moot. There is no discrimination for any one that wants it. As far as people from other countries taking job away from us is another way the American people justify not working. I have seen people bitch about Mexicans taking all the jobs, but if you offer them $10.00 per hour to dig a ditch or mow grass they will cuss you out and tell you they dont do that work. Well duh, the Mexican will be glad to do the work because at $10.00 Per hour he has more than tripled his income that he was making in his home country.
Bottom line is it is my states law that if you engage in electrical contracting you must be licensed. Dose that make me better or from some other planet. No. It just means it is something I wanted so I applied my self and passed the exam. Nothing more

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
peter d said:
Hmmmmm....did it ever occur to you that some of these licensing laws might be designed to keep out-of-state contractors out of state? ;)

my thoughts exactly. i have no problem with it.

celtic

mtaylor said:
I'm a licensed electrical contractor and for me to travel to a different state ....
WHY do you need to travel to another State to win bids/contracts?
Answer that question and one of life's mysteries may be revealed to you.

mtaylor said:
And for you Bozo's out there that think just because you could pass a state test, that everyone should too. Then your to smart for everyone and you need to go build a rocket and go to the planet that you belong on.
Cue the music and sign me up!

mtaylor said:
So be realistic about the guys that are 50 or 60 yrs old, or even the ones that are working all the hours they can to make ends meet, or even the reg. joe that couldn"nt quite make a b in school. These people are trying to make a living and dont have the time or the heart or sometimes even the money to do it. Remember the people that are from other country's are displacing are workers in this country every day in high numbers. College,universitys, hospitals, good paying jobs are being givin to forgeiners to save a dollar at our exspence. Alot of these people are smart people and know how are system works and next it will be your jobs.Stand UP and Stand Together people.
...and doing away with a license requirement would mitigant this issue how?

MAK

mtaylor said:
If anything make it mandatory for the electricans to have a jourymens certifacation, not a hard to get state license.

I don't understand what you mean by this statement. If the state does not issue the license then where or who would you get it from? A cereal box? Can you explain what you mean?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
MAK said:
I don't understand what you mean by this statement. If the state does not issue the license then where or who would you get it from? A cereal box? Can you explain what you mean?

I think a jourymens certification comes when you're called for jury duty. ;)

Roger

mtaylor

you guys are not realy understanding what is being said. So, let me explain to you that yes i am an electrical contractor.Yes, I believe that each state should have an electrical exam. Yes, I believe that if a contractor wants to travel to another state he can do so by means of taking that states test or thru reciprocation. Yes, I believe that the supervisor running the job should have that states quilafacations by means of jouymans certicate or master electrican classification, but I dont believe every man on the job should have a state license. If you want every electrican in the intire nation to be licensed in there state then you'll be losing alot of your people going in there own business to compete against you. I also believe that these people should be able to travel in other states to help that local electrical contractor. Its makes it hard on a man or woman that travels for a living that requires every person to be licensed in a state. We contractors need there help from time to time.

steelersman

mdshunk said:
Mtaylor, I have your avatar. This guy wrote strange manifesto's too:

unibomber.jpg
LololololHahahahahahaLolololol!!!!!!!!!!!

tyha

roger said:
So you won't answer my question and don't seem to want to discuss it with the others and since you have posted the exact same post HERE I think this one will be better off closed.

Well on second thought, I may be a little to hasty there. ;)

Roger
roger,
you should be ashamed of yourself. you know this guy is a little brain damaged. isn't it illegal to pick on these type of people.

steelersman

mtaylor said:
you, mean to tell me that you want every guy to have a license that works for you. You must not be in the electrical business, and does your state require each electrican to have a license. If so do you have problems with getting these licensed people to man your work. By the way I've been around quite some time in this trade.So read the org. statement before you respond and think first.Thank you. Do you know why the states are making it mandatory by law that every man be licensed.
Then why does it say on ytour profile that you are a 2nd year apprentice?

jmsbrush

celtic said:
WHY do you need to travel to another State to win bids/contracts?
Answer that question and one of life's mysteries may be revealed to you.

Cue the music and sign me up!

...and doing away with a license requirement would mitigant this issue how?
The Celtic is back, where have ya been, and yes something is not quite adding up with this guy.

steelersman

mtaylor said:
I did not say we needed 1 License for the whole country. I feel that it should be like it use to be not many years ago, that you could travel when other states needed outside help for man power. Now you can't travel to these states not unless you have a license in that state. It has become a burden on many large electrical contactors to meet the states requirements. Then they have to go to the state to get waviers after they explain they can't get that many men from within or outside the state.This is my opoion and many, many more electricans.
Big Huge Electrical Firms for the most part suck anyway so I'm all for them going under and out of business anyway so this is good news to me!!!!!!!!!

celtic

jmsbrush said:
The Celtic is back, where have ya been, ...

I've been out checking for a planet that will have all us elitist electricians :)

jmsbrush said:
and yes something is not quite adding up with this guy.

Yes...let's see what happens when we shake the tree a bit :wink:

celtic

mtaylor said:
I also believe that these people should be able to travel in other states to help that local electrical contractor. Its makes it hard on a man or woman that travels for a living that requires every person to be licensed in a state. We contractors need there help from time to time.

Are you advocating Unions ...where it is possible for JW to travel freely between States ?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
mtaylor said:
So, let me explain to you that yes i am an electrical contractor.Yes,

How is this possible when GA requires 4 years to sit for the exam?

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.