Final Vote on 2020 NEC?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
Sadly we have to deal with self test devices :rant::rant: Its going to be epic when a panel full of breakers need to be replaced every 5-10 years.

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I think the industry's decision to use electronics was a bad one, especially for life safety devices. But that's what we're stuck with now. It's planned obsolescence on their part. They get to sell more GFCIs for all the ones that fail. :roll::roll:

Yes, which is why people should figure out there is no honesty in the business or the code making panels and NRTLs they are puppeteering.

Unfortunate that profit cloaked in the guise of safety is our only anenue....:(~RJ~

romex jockey

Occupation
electrician
I'm pretty sure nobody would mistake me for being in support of the NEC or manufacturers. ;)

my Q is, just how many zero's are manufacturers forwarding? How much insider trading? How much of what we see happening is said/done /bought?

~RJ~

Dale lee

Occupation
Electrician
Hopefully by the time the 2020 gets adopted here (we are on 14) I'll be long retired. Maybe it's time to start lobbying your state to stay where they are. Why do they think they need to adopt a new code every time the NEC comes up with a different idea.
You know it’s funny I’m in Florida and we’re still on 2014 yet failing us for codes out of 2020 ie peninsula island having to have outlets within 2 ft of the end. Yet they won’t say what code it’s from so my boss is now making us do it. So I guess it doesn’t always matter which is adopted but what inspector says 🤨

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.