Funny Electrical Jokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zog

An atom lost its electron and went to the police station to file a missing electron report. He was questioned by the police: "Haven't you just misplaced it somewhere? Are you sure that your electron is really lost?"

"I'm positive." replied the atom

cowboyjwc

Staff member
After an electrician finished repairing some faulty wiring in an attorney's home he handed him the the bill.

''Four hundred dollars! For an hour's work?'' cried the attorney, ''That's ridiculous! Why I'm an attorney and I don't charge that much.''

To which the electrician replied, ''Funny, when I was an attorney I didn't either!''

dbuckley

Not exactly a joke per-se, but does anyone know if an electric chair is UL listed?
There used to be a website that had all sorts of info on electric chairs and other government required killing mechanisms, run by Mr Death, a/k/a Fred A. Leuchter Jr, but he got himself into a spot of bother and his website is a sad casualty of bother.

Was a great site though.

480sparky

VFbook.gif

Side Job

Side Job

A guy is doing some work for a rich doctor at his house and the beautiful young wife asks him if he would mind if they left him in charge of the house for a few hours while they went to the country club for lunch. After a short while, the doctor had to run off to the hospital for an emergency so the wife came back early to find the electrician up on a ladder in the bedroom installing a ceiling fan. She closed the door and asked him to get down from the ladder. She asked him to take off her silk blouse, which he did. She asked him to remove her skirt, which he did. She asked him to take off all of her French lingerie and then said "You are a pretty lucky guy". "Why is that?" he replied. "Because if my husband had caught you wearing my clothes, he would have fired you".

Ok I'll add my joke/insult to the list. when a coworker turns to me and asks a dumb question I tell them:

Your a fluorescent light bulb in a incandescent world. The light comes on but it sure takes awhile and ain't very hot, or bright.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
My exwife walks into a bar with her dog under her arm. The bartender says "Hey, you can't bring that pig in here" My ex says "it's not a pig, it's a dog." The bartender says "I know I was talking to the dog."

Wait, that's not really an electrician joke, is it?:roll:

mivey

My exwife walks into a bar with her dog under her arm. The bartender says "Hey, you can't bring that pig in here" My ex says "it's not a pig, it's a dog." The bartender says "I know I was talking to the dog."

Wait, that's not really an electrician joke, is it?:roll:
It won't be when you get home.:grin:

MichaelGP3

Occupation
Fire Alarm Technician
Mongo

Mongo

A couple of years ago, a well known electrical contractor was hired to essentially add a second switchgear room to a working hospital. New 4" conduits were being installed overhead of existing live switchgear; this work was being performed by a crew of 4 working on 8' & 10' stepladders. I threaded my way through these folks, their carts, extension cords, & conduits on the floor carrying my own 6' ladder (I was working on something unrelated). To make it worse, the switchgear room was not very well lit.

I wind up bumping into one of their ladders pretty good, and called out that I was sorry right away. (All kinds of things were going through my mind, i.e. what kind of catastrophe could have happened if I had caused this guy to have dropped a tool, or a bucket of tools....will all the working operating rooms upstairs suddenly go dark?.....you get the idea). The guy on the ladder (the ceiling was too congested for me to see anything of him above his waist) didn't say anything, so I repeated that I was sorry. Another electrician comes down off a ladder less than 10' away, approaches me, and says, "Don't worry about it! You don't even have to THINK about apologizing! Don't you know who this is? This is Mongo! If you knock Mongo off a ladder, he just gets up, climbs the ladder, and goes back to work! Trust me, you can't hurt Mongo!"

Then the guy I bumped, still up on his ladder, says (in a big kid's voice) "Except for Mongo's feeelings."

Status
Not open for further replies.