Grounding Receptacle Yoke to Neutral

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Are you being serious?
If say Leviton were making them in China (and they may or may not make products there or get some components there), yes we would complain they are made in China, but they likely still being built to same specifications they would be in any manufacturing location. It is those no name or names you can't pronounce versions to be leery about meeting listing standards or simply meeting higher level design specifications.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
If say Leviton were making them in China (and they may or may not make products there or get some components there), yes we would complain they are made in China, but they likely still being built to same specifications they would be in any manufacturing location. It is those no name or names you can't pronounce versions to be leery about meeting listing standards or simply meeting higher level design specifications.

Names you can't pronounce :LOL: Well said!

From what I've heard US companies will open up a factory and once the contract runs out the Chinease will keep using the equipment to make counterfeits.

To be frank as much as I hate cheap/dangerous stuff some if it can be better than the original. Like if we went to 240/416Y in the US I'm bulk ordering this receptacle lol.

kwired

Electron manager
Names you can't pronounce :LOL: Well said!

From what I've heard US companies will open up a factory and once the contract runs out the Chinease will keep using the equipment to make counterfeits.

To be frank as much as I hate cheap/dangerous stuff some if it can be better than the original. Like if we went to 240/416Y in the US I'm bulk ordering this receptacle lol.
seems very posssible. Probably why some stuff looks very much like other "good" products, same molds and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.