Longest active member

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I had a lot of good discussions with Bennie....we didn't always agree:)
I still remember one of Bennie's posts where the discussion was whether we should use 20A receptacles in residential kitchens because they were being installed on a 20A circuit. He always came out with a logical answer that made you really think about the topic. So, after many had posted their replies and opinions he simply said "How many household kitchen appliances come with 20A plugs"?

We still miss you Bennie.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
my profile says Mar 9, 2003. i remember catching a lot of flak about grounding the fourth wire midstream between the main and remote panels . . .

I got here in 2007. I spent the first couple of years catching hell about still soldering joints (I was doing primarily residential at the time). I apprenticed for an old union foreman that is now in his 80’s and that was all I knew. I finally gave up and went to wire nuts. Now use push-in connectors. Look how far I’ve come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canton

Occupation
Electrician
I just looked, I joined in 2011.

But I remember stalking the forum and posts in the early 2000s, trying to get ideas from the brain bank on different installations I had. Much advise from here got me out of a few jams.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer

JohnE

He basically left the trade and when he did he left the forum too. He is doing well the last we heard.
I remember Bob saying he was stepping away from the forum for a while, that was probably a longer time ago than it seems. He lived just 20-30 minutes from me. I figured we'd somehow bump into each other whether at a code review/ supply house/ etc. We chatted here often.

Status
Not open for further replies.