New format and function not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
The old version of the software was full of security vulnerabilities and needed to be updated to a more modern, more secure version.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Recent Posts.. gone. That's a security risk?

The plan is that the New Topics button and Topics by date should provide the functionality of the old Recent Posts button.
I can say that, based on my experiences on another Forum that made the v4 to v5 jump, the admin team has done an exceptional job of retaining the look and feel of the Forum.
Let's wait and see what additional tweaks can be done once the new version is stable.

kwired

Electron manager
The plan is that the New Topics button and Topics by date should provide the functionality of the old Recent Posts button.
I can say that, based on my experiences on another Forum that made the v4 to v5 jump, the admin team has done an exceptional job of retaining the look and feel of the Forum.
Let's wait and see what additional tweaks can be done once the new version is stable.

Needs to filter out posts that have already been read

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Needs to filter out posts that have already been read

It took me 2 minutes to figure out how to do "reply". Maybe it could use, oh, I don't know, a REPLY button?!?

And yes, needs to filter out read posts.

Really, I don't mind new functionality, just don't break the old functionality.

MAC702

How do you get the list of "threads with new posts in them?" I don't want to see a list of posts; I want to see a list of updated threads, without snippets.

Someone please PM with how to do that because I don't think I'll be able to find this later.

Improvements are one thing; but making it completely different is another.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Help! It took me ten minutes to get this far. Are there any forum instructions? Where is the "new posts" since last visit button?

Please add me to the "do not like" list!

Status
Not open for further replies.