New format and function not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
A hobby forum I am a member of got wiped out because old hosting software got hacked by the Russkies. I fully understand the need to update the software, and that most new versions of forum software are designed to look good on mobile devices to the detriment of desktop viewing. Having a working forum is a good thing...I will adjust.

StarCat

Industrial Engineering Tech
Occupation
Imdustrial Engineering Technician - HVACR Electrical and Mechanical Systems
Software Engineers " Destroy " everything that works well on the net.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The more I try to use the new forum, the more i HATE it! Is there a way to use the last format?

I would hate to have to stop visiting here, but something needs to be fixed. Please!!!

Besoeker3

Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
The more I try to use the new forum, the more i HATE it! Is there a way to use the last format?

I would hate to have to stop visiting here, but something needs to be fixed. Please!!!
Like an easier way to respond to a post for example?

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I can probably live with anything else, but that feature is pretty important to me.

well, apparently, my thoughts on this fine "upgrade" are not that unique.
i'm going out and work on the backyard for a week. i'll see if there is anything left after that point.

this is just irritating. maybe if posting falls off, it might get the powers that be's attention. or not.

winnie

Occupation
Electric motor research
Like an easier way to respond to a post for example?

In the old version each post had a 'reply' button. In this version each post has a 'quote' button that seems to do the same thing.

What I don't like is losing the 'threads with new posts since my last search', and I much prefer to see a denser listing of the threads returned by that search.

-Jon

gar

Occupation
EE
190813-1226 EDT

This software has clearly not been tested. It is junk as it stands.

The back function causes some sort of rollup instead of a quick switch back.

To start a reply you have to go to the right side of the screen instead of the left.

The page heading when first entering the site has Mike Holt in white letters on a grey background. Invisible.

In the list of threads the last poster is not there anymore, just time and date.

When in a list of threads it is necessary to click on the title somewhere on the left, not anywhere on the title to access the thread. This is because the thread starter has become a part of the title hardly noticeable as separated by the word "by" which has become part of the title. At least change the color and size of "by".

This is not a user friendly design.

User interface does not need to change to eliminate vulnerabilities.

When I select something like General Electrical Forum, then that title is partly overlaid by its description.

What happened to the quote function?

When clicking on the double arrow of "last post" why the roll down display, just go there.

When in preview "close" should read "close preview", or "return to editing".

After working on a post and saving it just return. Get rid of the roll down junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.