Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
At the top right of every post (except your own) is this
report.gif
click on it and you get to send your concerns to every moderators email.
What if we find our own posts to be offensive?

quogueelectric

I agree, that O'Reilly factor thing was uncalled for, but Bob didn't cry foul did he? :grin:

I read the whole thread and don't see where anybody has been abused.

If challenging a statement is abuse, then there is and will continue to be abuse. That being the case, I would say we have all been abused here and you might as well get used to it. :roll:

Roger
I was posting about Pierre picking on me why did you think it was someone else?? :grin:

bradleyelectric

At the top right of every post (except your own) is this
report.gif
click on it and you get to send your concerns to every moderators email. You can also use it to report a moderators post if you have a problem with a mods post.

I don't see that on any posts. There is a #60 on the top right of this post I quoted. Is it supposed to be near that?

dduffee260

Case in point right here. About half of these posts on here are not about the subject but since it is the moderators bickering they use the board like a tennis court for their personal feelings.

The original subject was about whether or not a 250ft roll of romex was actually 250 ft. Click on pages 5,6,7 or 8 and I see one post where the original subject was mentioned. Usually when a peeon such as myself gets off subject it gets removed with the words " removed not on subject" or something like that. Like this one will probably get removed soon, or they will close the subject.

Seems like a double standard to me. Oh and for the record I agree with quogueelectric. I cannot count the number of times we had pulls of 120' to 125' and had to pull the wire off to find out we were 3' to 8' short. When copper was $4 a lb yes we did measure every inch.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Case in point right here. About half of these posts on here are not about the subject but since it is the moderators bickering they use the board like a tennis court for their personal feelings.

And this relates to the OP how? :grin:

BTW, I don't see any moderators including myself bickering, pointing things out maybe but not bickering.

Roger

LarryFine

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I would say something about all of this OT posting, but I'm afraid I'll offend myself again. :cool:

highvolts582

ive been pulling thousand foot reels of mc and a thought crossed my mind do they measure the jacket or the copper cause i lose like a foot or so on every 100 foot pull cause the jacket gets streatched. saw this post and made me think about that. not worth the time to find out. but food for thought.

bradleyelectric

ive been pulling thousand foot reels of mc and a thought crossed my mind do they measure the jacket or the copper cause i lose like a foot or so on every 100 foot pull cause the jacket gets streatched. saw this post and made me think about that. not worth the time to find out. but food for thought.

well the jacket isn't stretched till you stretch it. bend some of the copper over at the end and this wont happen.

fondini

roll and roll

roll and roll

just got back from the big orange, they tossed me out after i unrolled 3 250's to measure them.....

480sparky

If you stretch something, doesn't that make it longer?

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
From Southwire:
MANUFACTURING AND SHIPPING TOLERANCES
Standard lengths shown on this price sheet are subject to a manufacturing tolerance of -10% and
+20%.

From General Cable:
7. All items are quoted as standard General Cable putups with a tolerance of plus or minus 10% on each reel.

LarryFine

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
From Southwire:
MANUFACTURING AND SHIPPING TOLERANCES
Standard lengths shown on this price sheet are subject to a manufacturing tolerance of -10% and
+20%.
So we have no complaint if our 250' rolls are at least 225'? That create's a vacuum, doesn't it? :mad:

I guess that's where they get the wire for those 25' rolls that cost almost half of what the 250' rolls cost. :cool:

Added: Egad! That means the 1000' rolls could be as little as 900'. Gadzooks, man!

From General Cable:
7. All items are quoted as standard General Cable putups with a tolerance of plus or minus 10% on each reel.
Gee . . . let me guess which side of nominal they typically end up. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.