Ok inspectors, answer this one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyha

is there any way to put the recep on the wall behind where you are taking the picture from. would that satisfy the requirement. I may be totaly off base because we havent done a house in about 3 years. we could probably wire one in conduit quicker than we could in nm cable

mivey

stickboy1375 said:
tyha said:
we could probably wire one in conduit quicker than we could in nm cable
I doubt it... but hey some people are good.
tyha might can run conduit faster than tyha can run NM but, tyha can not run conduit faster that someone who normally runs NM (slow folks excluded).

[edit: and do a nice job of it, I might add]

Rampage_Rick

mdshunk said:
I've seen extra bedrooms on prints labeled "library", "den", "study", etc. The people were really just up to some funny business to keep certain fees related to the number of bedrooms down. If it quacks like a bedroom, I wire it like a bedroom. The low bidder would wire it like a library, den, or study.
"I bought a house, it?s a two-bedroom house. But I think it?s up to me how many bedrooms there are, don?t you? Hey, real estate lady, this bedroom has an oven in it. This bedroom has a lot of people sitting around watching TV. This bedroom is over in that guy?s house. ?Sir, you?ve got one of my bedrooms, are you aware? Don?t decorate it!?" ~Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)

jstavros

Now days many houses have spaces that they call a computer niche or media centre, many times located just as in your pictures, maybe that's what the inspector thought it was and asked for a floor receptacle. Best is just ask him yourself for an explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.