panel makeup

• I dont care what the panels look like

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

izak

hey I would like to get some input on how different contractors figure time for panel trimout/makeup.

how long do you expect it to take someone to make up a panel (assuming it is full)

does quality matter very much, or do you just want it done?

and the burning question behind this post:
how long would you allow for these panels posted as pics?

izak

it took a little bit longer than that, but im just getting started, also, I had to trace out missing circuits and push a little wire

I havent got to the two hour point yet tho...

mdshunk

As neat as it needs to be as quickly as possible.

Check back in on your artwork in 10 years, and someone will have turned your Mona Lisa into dogs playing poker.

peter d

mdshunk said:
Check back in on your artwork in 10 years, and someone will have turned your Mona Lisa into dogs playing poker.

Or in the case of commercial office space, may rip the circuits out entirely and start again....many times over.

Looks neat.

Looks neat.

Looks ok with the exception of choking the conductors with tie raps. I disaprove using tie raps inside a load center, let the conductors breath, also makes it easier to relocate in case of a gfci or arc fault breaker coming in later on. 114 minutes tops for this panel and anything less no one is allowed to touch it.

480sparky

Why does most everyone scream and moan when they see NM "bundled" together, but very few say anything when it's THHN in a panel treated the same way?

ItsHot

good question

good question

480sparky said:
Why does most everyone scream and moan when they see NM "bundled" together, but very few say anything when it's THHN in a panel treated the same way?
Good question! I guess because we know we bundle about 18# 12s(thnn) into a half inch pipe!:roll: :roll:

360Youth

I have to have a neat panel. I will do it quickly and not overly excessive (opinions may vary :smile: ), but it has to be neat. Your pics look a-1 to me.

mdshunk said:
As neat as it needs to be as quickly as possible.

I am just as adamant that many years (plus a few) later.

mdshunk

izak said:
ok, as an encore, I would like to see some more pictures posted... especially from the 'make it look decent and get it done' crowd.
Why would a man willingly subject himself to abuse like that?

cadpoint

Banding is a personal preference, IMO.

A question for the OP'r. Why don't you carry the odd circuit to the odd side neutral bar? Don't you circuit number your neutrals?
I guess I've done shown my cards.

!! Nice Looking Work !!

e57

izak said:
ok, as an encore, I would like to see some more pictures posted... especially from the 'make it look decent and get it done' crowd.

:)

I usually don't take pics of that level of panel... But I have done similar work to the ones in the OP - I'll sign them! (Still no pics...)

But there ARE two ways of doing that type of work.... With a little practice it doesn't take long - and with use of my patented wire comb it a lot less hassle...

What is it - it is my hand - well adept at straightening wire, and turning at uniform radi.... Depending on my general additude... :rolleyes: :cool:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
izak said:
ok, as an encore, I would like to see some more pictures posted... especially from the 'make it look decent and get it done' crowd. :)
I believe I qualify for that group. I don't use wire-ties, I hand-bend wires fast, and I don't pretty-up my panels for the pictures.

Here's a before-and-after (breakers, that is). The staples are because the open ceiling is about 3-1/2 feet up. There are two cables in every KO except for the SER's.

KwPanels1.jpg
KwPanels2.jpg

480sparky

izak said:

:)

OK, but it's been a while since I done one like dat....

MontanaTrip054.jpg

:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.