• I dont care what the panels look like

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

StreamlineGT said:
Well, just because it is an outside installation, the word TEMP is the key word here. This panel was up for a 5 day build, so I figured it would be ok, and cheaper for me to supply to them for FREE.

Good economy, but it wouldn't fly in my AHJs. Even if it's just for one day, they get anal about treated lumber. :mad:

iwire

Staff member
ike5547 said:
Nice job Izak.

FWIW, I have yet to see a picture posted to this forum that wasn't criticized in some way.

That is not a bad thing, we are all different people and we all have different ideas about what is the right way to do things.

Any work that I have posted has been criticized in some way, I expect that. :)

76nemo

iwire said:
That is not a bad thing, we are all different people and we all have different ideas about what is the right way to do things.

Any work that I have posted has been criticized in some way, I expect that. :)

And then to critique someone who donated their time:-? Nicely done GT. There aren't very many people willing to do ANYTHING for free anymore, it's all about money. Two thumbs up that job.

iwire

Staff member
76nemo said:
And then to critique someone who donated their time:-? Nicely done GT. There aren't very many people willing to do ANYTHING for free anymore, it's all about money. Two thumbs up that job.

It's a beautiful job and it's great that he did it as a gift. :smile:

But that does not change the fact we all have different ways of doing things. Ask 10 electricians how to do a job and you will get 10 different answers, 9 of them will likely be code compliant.

I had no idea that everyone had such thin skin. :-?

realolman

76nemo said:
... Working w/ pipe, having extra for just a little tug more is nice. I don't know why you think you can't have very nice work and not have extra. I also go to the bottom of the panel and then back up to land the termination, but that's just me...

Me too. I think that extra wire is beautiful.:)

Sharpie

I use ty-wraps, but very loosely. If entering with nm or mc, I don't label the neutrals. If running pipe, I label the neutrals.

It depends on the customer how anal I get with the make up. I like to make it look the best I can when I have the time, and if the job was bid for such.

I like to take pictures of my work at the time of inspection so if there's a problem in the future I have something to compare to, to see if anything has been changed since I was there.

C3PO

iwire said:
Ask 10 electricians how to do a job and you will get 10 different answers, 9 of them will likely be code compliant.

Around here you are lucky if 3 of the answers are code compliant. :grin:

R2EG

The French Touch

The French Touch

izak said:
hey I would like to get some input on how different contractors figure time for panel trimout/makeup.

how long do you expect it to take someone to make up a panel (assuming it is full)

does quality matter very much, or do you just want it done?

and the burning question behind this post:
how long would you allow for these panels posted as pics?

IZAK, nice wiring... you should be proud.

I try to leave my panels clean, labeled and impressively neat. I want the next electrician who may wonder in my panels to understand my work visually and by a wiring schematic.

Almost anyone can wire a panel that works, I sell panels that re-assure the customer that he gets what he paid for.

The following is a presentation for a client of a panel being prepared for the client's Parisien loft appartment: http://www.r2eg.com/Downloads_R2EG_Public/A-Z-20070510.ppt

It is a French 230v 50Hz TT single phase panel with 500mA differentialed 2P main breaker, 2x 63A contacters/relays, 3x 30mA Differential-Switches, and 4x 30mA breakers. In addition, there are 3 technical alarms, one of which is 2 stage for circuit failure and flooding. All breakers are 2P (Phase + Neutral) as required by the French electric code (NFC15-100) for single phase installations.

The inner panel cabling is flexible wire and all external cabling is solid core 1.5mm?, 2.5mm? and 6mm?.

The panel was later hooked_up to automated/electronic gas & electric meter reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.