Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Re: Pimp My Ride

Sure thing. :)

</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go to www.photobucket.com and start an account.</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Make sure your pictures are saved in ".jpg" format.</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Upload your pictures to photobucket.</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Once they are uploaded, the screen will refresh and you'll see the thumbnails of your pictures.</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Copy the "img" tags and paste them into your post.</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
The picture code that's instantly visible on the forum looks like this:
Code:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/georgestolz/Electrical/Mynewfilingsystem.jpg[/img]

[ January 29, 2006, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: georgestolz ]

scwirenut

my truck is pretty kool, its a 2001 f250super duty with a stahl body, it has a bed rat that slides out.

{Moderator's Note: Link to web site has been removed, as advertising is not permitted on this Forum.}

[ February 08, 2006, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: charlie b ]

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

scwirenut, it's not really allowed to put up a link to your website, it's considered advertising.

I'll throw your pictures up for you though. :cool:
100_0513-227x159.jpg

100_0515-195x162.jpg

scwirenut

I'll get some more picts this week if the weathers good, I bought it last august off of ebay for $9050.what a steal, it was originally leased new by Bosch (thus the blue color) when it got 100,000 miles on it, they auctioned it off, it had new wranglers, new brakes, like new condition, motor look new , it was never really worked out of, all the Bosch salesman did was ride around carrying tools, nice lockable top, im really enjoying it, thanks guys......

monkey

Truck014.jpg
Truck008.jpg
Truck005.jpg
Truck004.jpg
Truck003.jpg
Truck002.jpg

Well there it is, thanks for the help George.

You can't see the pipe because of the shadow but it's there on the right side under the wall plates. There's a little door on the back to access the pipe. I put that basket in there to keep the PVC separate. I also built the shelf for the wall plates and devices out of a Closetmaid wire shelf and fastened it to the underside of the upper shelf with all thread and fender washers.

[ January 29, 2006, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: monkey ]

electricmanscott

Monkey, I just picked up the same truck. I have the slightly lower top and a Ford. Stll getting things setup. It ususally take months to come up with ideas. I tend to think of them when I am working out of the truck during the day.

Finding places to store wire is a lways a pain. I still haven't solved that yet.

Looks like you have the 20" deep cabinets. I don't know if the deeper cabinets or more interior space is better.

Is your interior painted white? Mine is gray. White would certainly brightn it up.

I also installed ladder racks on mine. I added some shelving inside as well. I'll post some pictures today.

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

[ January 30, 2006, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: electricmanscott ]

monkey

Scott,

Mine is painted white inside. I had wanted a Ford but the local Chevy dealer had them ready to go and way less than Ford.

The body is a Royal, I chose it over the Knapheide because of the deeper cabinets and shelves. I figured I needed that more than floor space.Plumbers need the floor space for their tubs and water heaters etc.

The lights are also great, they shut off automatically if you forget.

JohnE

Hey guys, nice rides.

Is everyone aware of the DOT requirements for these dual wheel rides? (At least in MA) If GVW is rated over 10,000 lb., then you are required to have DOT inspection posted on the vehicle, and all drivers must have medical cards. Also wheel chock, fire extinguisher, etc.

I found out the hard way after buying Ford E350 box truck last year. :mad:

JohnE

Scott,

Sorry I missed that post :( . You can actually do the DOT inspection yourself. Anyone can do it who knows what to look for. It's basically a visual inspection with a chart filled out and affixed to the vehicle. I had a local garage do it as I was issued a written warning, and needed to submit info on how I corrected deficiencies. The medical card any doctor can fill out, and from what I understand it basically says that your arms, legs, fingers, and toes work. Other required items are wheel chocks, triangles, and fire extinguisher (I had all these.)

The guy who usually drives this vehicle has his class 1 and CDL, so nobody else bothered to get the medical card. Of course the guy who got pulled over was only driving because the other guy was out that day.

I've mentioned these requirements to everyone I know with a vehicle like this, and one - a carpenter - had already been given a ticket on 290 in Worcester. Similar to you and I, had just bought it and knew nothing about the requirements.

Now that it's fresh on my mind, I'll try to remember to go get that medical card.

You can call the State Police for the requirements. There was a phone number on my warning, but I've since misplaced it. By the way, the company (essentially me), not the driver is cited for the infraction.

John

hurk27

By Monkey: The lights are also great, they shut off automatically if you forget
Yep they do and leave ya in the dark when looking for a part in the back of my van.

Yes on my new 2006 Chevy van everything will shut off if you leave it on. Even the radio darn it!!!
They call it rundown protection, I call it another way for control over me :eek:

Oh just clip them off flush with your dikes, easy fix after the fact. :D

monkey

Scott, what are you using to hang your extension ladder? I bent some flat stock into some crude S hooks for now, I was going to have a friend make up some better ones. My stepladder just hangs from bungees.

davedottcom

Originally posted by hurk27:

Ok enough of one of my most embarrassing moments. :eek:
LOL!!! I want to know how this story ends!
Who came to your rescue? Were you getting low on oxygen?!?!
Great story!

:D :D :D

hurk27

It ended with the plumber finally going to his truck and walked close enough to my van to hear my screams of rage. I thought I would warn anyone with a newer GM/Chevy van they all have these door disconnects and they stick out just so you can hit them when getting into the van. :D

electricmanscott

Originally posted by monkey:
Scott, what are you using to hang your extension ladder? I bent some flat stock into some crude S hooks for now, I was going to have a friend make up some better ones. My stepladder just hangs from bungees.
99 cent hooks from Home Depot. The little silver ones with the yellow cap. I see you have some in there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.