Pimp My Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Re: Pimp My Ride

Now I have switches on my back and side door, so I can shut off the interior lights during the day and leave the doors open, but can still find things in the dark when I need to, without opening the front doors. :D

For those of you whom talked about having bad computers ,mine is top notch ,a gaming computer that I built from parts ordered on the internet and asking some questions on Abit forum ,all of you can do it too ,Just snapping together parts that are compatible ,all the people at Abit have built there own and love to teach and tweak to get top performance .

l_rollo

I liked the chevy being crushed. Couldnt happen to a nice brand. Too bad it wasnt built FORD Tough. :)

iwire

Staff member

Someone asked about seeing some bigger EC trucks, well here is one.

Bigtruck.jpg

The box / flat bed combo that our truck driver pushed for has worked out pretty well.

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by electricmanscott:
Hey Bob nice job with the photo shop. ;) :p
Well I did photo shop most of lettering but that is the company's truck, they had the body made for them.

hardworkingstiff

Originally posted by georgestolz:
Now I have switches on my back and side door, so I can shut off the interior lights during the day and leave the doors open, but can still find things in the dark when I need to, without opening the front doors.
My 97 GMC had a switch (as well as my 01 Chevy) next to the headlight switch that if you engaged it, it would not allow the interior lights to come on at all. Night rolls around and changed the switch setting and all the doors operate the lights.

Another proud feature (aside from the quick hack method) of the van is the battery charging station I threw in a couple of weeks ago. It's only powered by a 300W Inverter up from the drivers seat, but it works pretty darned good. I learned not to leave my doors open all day and charge 3 18V batteries though. :eek: :D [/QB][/QUOTE]

Let me know how the battery chargers work off of the inverter. I've heard that inverters eat batteries and/or chargers.

davedottcom

Originally posted by hardworkingstiff:
My 97 GMC had a switch (as well as my 01 Chevy) next to the headlight switch that if you engaged it, it would not allow the interior lights to come on at all. Night rolls around and changed the switch setting and all the doors operate the lights.
Yep, my 96 Chevy has that, comes in handy this time of year too (Dark at 5:00)

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by propower34:
Let me know how the battery chargers work off of the inverter. I've heard that inverters eat batteries and/or chargers.
Yeah, the jury's still out on that. It seems like the Milwaukee has started to tank, but then again, I am at the two-year mark on my batteries. It's tough to determine where to place the blame. :)

The cheapo new Black & Decker 12V seems to love it, though. :D

Speaking of Milwaukee, I recently purchased a Milwaukee 28V hammer drill.

I love it!!

I drilled thirty (30) 3/16" diameter holes in concrete (for 1/4" Tapcons)and still had plenty of power left.

The hammer mechanism really impressed me. I couldn't tell any difference between it and the corded Milwaukee hammer drill; of course it's no SDS, but still pretty powerful

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Actually, I was gonna clean it up for the picture (well, actually whether I took a picture or not).

But I didn't. Now I probably will. Windows are getting nasty anyway. :D

I guess I should mention the dirt road I live on. :D

celtic

Originally posted by georgestolz:

I guess I should mention the dirt road I live on. :D
I think you would be happier living in a house ...
brick.gif

That ones for me LOL

[ January 02, 2006, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: celtic ]

monkey

I finally got my new work truck set up. I would like to show it off but I don't know how to post pics. Can anyone help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.