primary grounding on a separately derived system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sub feeding a 480v panel that is to feed a 480-208/120 transformer. my ? is do I tie my grounding conductor from my feed from my 480v panel in with the grounding conductor to my 208/120 panel together at the transformer of do I just bond it to the case of the transformer and keep it sep from my grounding conductor that feeds my 208/120 panel that is tied in with XO on the transformer and my building steel.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
do I just bond it to the case of the transformer and keep it sep from my grounding conductor that feeds my 208/120 panel that is tied in with XO on the transformer and my building steel.

Your system bonding jumper at the tranny will actually tie them together, the grounding conductors from both systems, the grounded conductor from the SDS and the GEC will be jioned.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Your system bonding jumper at the tranny will actually tie them together, the grounding conductors from both systems, the grounded conductor from the SDS and the GEC will be jioned.
The system bonding jumper and the GEC connection are not required to be in the tranny enclosure, though they can be.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Since the conductor in the primary feeder is an EGC you can terminate it as you would any EGC, there are no special requirements for transformers.

Status
Not open for further replies.