QO or Homeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
They're both UL listed........I've used a lot of Homeline with no problems. It's all about wanting a Cadillac or a Chevy........they both will get you there.

mcclary's electrical

Whats the reason i am shopping around and it is a $150.00 differance between the 2.

the biggest reason I see for price is the buss in a QO is much thicker. The part the breaker stabs on is 4x thicker than a homeline, and I've seen hundreds of stab buses burnt up behind the breaker. I have NEVER seen a QO do this. IT could be a coinsedence,,,,,,but I doundt it.

Also, the QO have trip indicators.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
Whats the reason i am shopping around and it is a $150.00 differance between the 2.

Where are you shopping, Saks 5th Ave? I can get a Homeline 40 space, 200A MCB loadcenter for about $120.00 and the QO counterpart for around $200.00.

mxslick

All the panels at my apt are Homeline and doing just fine.

Burnt bus stabs are usually due to improper installation of the breakers or use of old breakers where the little dab of lube in the stab clip is dried up or missing.

mcclary's electrical

All the panels at my apt are Homeline and doing just fine.

Burnt bus stabs are usually due to improper installation of the breakers or use of old breakers where the little dab of lube in the stab clip is dried up or missing.

I wanna clarify when I said I've seen alot of burnt busses, I didn't mean Homeline,I install those often. I meant older panels, as you said.

But there are plenty of old QO's ,,,and I've never seen their buss fail

mxslick

I wanna clarify when I said I've seen alot of burnt busses, I didn't mean Homeline,I install those often. I meant older panels, as you said.

But there are plenty of old QO's ,,,and I've never seen their buss fail

Thanks for the clarification...:grin: I have yet to see a Homeline bus failure.

When I am in USA side { wisconsin } I useally go either way I have no issue with both HOMELINE et QO seri?s.

I only have two HOMELINE failure all it was due the wrong location for the load centre to be mounted due the consendation really screw up the alum bussbar otherwise no issue AFAIK.

Oh yeah Both HOM et QO do share the same guts but the housing is diffrent that all.

Merci,Marc

{ I do get a QO show up in France once a while }

mcclary's electrical

When I am in USA side { wisconsin } I useally go either way I have no issue with both HOMELINE et QO seri?s.

I only have two HOMELINE failure all it was due the wrong location for the load centre to be mounted due the consendation really screw up the alum bussbar otherwise no issue AFAIK.

Oh yeah Both HOM et QO do share the same guts but the housing is diffrent that all.

Merci,Marc

{ I do get a QO show up in France once a while }

Are you talking about the internals of the breaker?

If so, have you taken one of each apart and compared?

Are you talking about the internals of the breaker?

If so, have you taken one of each apart and compared?

McClary.,

I did took both QO120 and HOM120 apart and the interal parts are the same only two noticeable diffrence is that the QO do have trip indenticator while the HOM do not have it.

And the handle shape is little diffrent but everything else inside of it is the same for both series.

I think 480Sparky did the same thing as well but I will let him speak his word in here.

Merci,Marc

mcclary's electrical

McClary.,

I did took both QO120 and HOM120 apart and the interal parts are the same only two noticeable diffrence is that the QO do have trip indenticator while the HOM do not have it.

And the handle shape is little diffrent but everything else inside of it is the same for both series.

I think 480Sparky did the same thing as well but I will let him speak his word in here.

Merci,Marc

Thanks, that's really interesting. However, in some strange way, now I feel cheated:grin:

480sparky

McClary.,

Merci,Marc

Wasn't me. I think is was Marc Shunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.