RMC Cut & Threads

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Not always. It can depend on starting at the right end, or laying out from the correct side first.

Sometimes you can assemble a few pieces before fastening them in place. More manpower.
So you mean before tightening the strut clamp?

Can you give an example about starting right end, or layout from correct side. If not I understand. Thanks

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Not always. It can depend on starting at the right end, or laying out from the correct side first.

Sometimes you can assemble a few pieces before fastening them in place. More manpower.
Sometimes you bend a short 90 just so you can turn it on without a 3 piece union or other fitting.

kwired

Electron manager

Can you give an example about starting right end, or layout from correct side. If not I understand. Thanks
4 inch won't be as forgiving as say 3/4 inch, but you might be able to leave a clamp or two off and it may pull out far enough to thread a piece with elbow if the stub isn't any longer than needed to make the bend.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Or maybe before even installing any clamps.

Read these two threads, starting at the linked posts, and check out the pics:

Note that I began by making the entire top assembly and then strapping it to the wall as one piece.

Starting at the disco flange, there is the 90 over the wall, a 45 to project out and down, a 5' conduit outward, a 90 around the ledge, a 5' conduit to come back to the wall, and a 45 down the wall.

Last edited: