Screws shmooes...I have staples <picture>

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

cat02-01_02.gif

I have the laser plumb job, works great by the way, especially with sloped ceilings.

peter d

stickboy1375 said:
I actually like them myself.

I'm not such a fan of them. I think Ligholiers trim designs and selection of trims is far superior to any other brand, but their cans are really lame. I don't like those pointy spring spring steel clips that hold the trim in place....they really need to design something better.

480sparky

stickboy1375 said:
ken, whats your tool of choice?

Depends on how well the ceiling is framed. If it's within 1/4", I'd just use a tape measure.

Otherwise, I lay it all out on the floor and use a Stanley FatMax plumb bob to shoot straight up.

stickboy1375

480sparky said:
Depends on how well the ceiling is framed. If it's within 1/4", I'd just use a tape measure.

Otherwise, I lay it all out on the floor and use a Stanley FatMax plumb bob to shoot straight up.

I worked with a stereo installer once, he had this laser gizmo that shot up two intersecting lines on the ceiling, I had my recess nailed up before he had his gizmo setup.. :grin:

electricmanscott

Lighting designer supplied cans. But...I use Lightolier anyway. These are kind of a pita and have NO innovative features to speed up installation. The quality in my opinion is superrior to other brands though, and I have tried many.

As for the string layout.... I have, and use lasers too, but for this layout (16 lights in four rows of four) it was easier to make my measurements and tack up some string. This way ALL 16 locations were exactly where they were supposed to be and the tape measure was tossed aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.