Sealed Lead Acid Batteries and heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterCMK

Have you tried doing a functional test? Put the system into alarm for 5 minutes and see where the batteries are at. If possible do a 24 hour battery test. I assume your battery calcs are correct.

zog

nhfire77

No, it measues Z. Have you looked at IEEE Std 450 for testing requirements for SLA batteries?

No, but I have read NFPA 72. It requires full load testing, and allows for simulated loads. I am on the road without a book to reference a section.

Is that standard available for free?

zog

No, but I have read NFPA 72. It requires full load testing, and allows for simulated loads. I am on the road without a book to reference a section.

Is that standard available for free?

No, like all real standards you have to buy it, which in turn pays for all the R&D that goes into the standards.

nhfire77

No, like all real standards you have to buy it, which in turn pays for all the R&D that goes into the standards.

Any chance you would quote the sections you are referring to, I cannot justify buying something like that for this situation.

zog

Any chance you would quote the sections you are referring to, I cannot justify buying something like that for this situation.

Bascially the entire document would need to be posted, I really don't have the time to type up 150 pages of stuff. I suggest you contact a testing company in your area, most NETA testing companies will have the expertise and equipment to do this type of thing. www.netaworld.org

Status
Not open for further replies.