Today I was a plumber....

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

My friend bought a new house, so to help him out I did a few plumbing repairs:

1)Replaced a kitchen faucet
2)Replaced a leaking kitchen sink p-trap and strainer basket
3)Replaced some leaking PVC pipe fittings that were not glued properly. This involved cutting them out and putting them back exactly the same way.

I also have to replace and hook up a dishwasher, replace a dead garbage disposal, replace a toilet, and replace a lavatory faucet.

I'm thinking the equivalent $$ value of this work is about $4500 give or take. :D :D

He is on the hook to help me do some heavy yardwork (cut down some trees and replace a fence) but I know if he had to hire a plumber he would have gotten an enormous bill.

jrannis

peter d said:
My friend bought a new house, so to help him out I did a few plumbing repairs:

1)Replaced a kitchen faucet
2)Replaced a leaking kitchen sink p-trap and strainer basket
3)Replaced some leaking PVC pipe fittings that were not glued properly. This involved cutting them out and putting them back exactly the same way.

I also have to replace and hook up a dishwasher, replace a dead garbage disposal, replace a toilet, and replace a lavatory faucet.

I'm thinking the equivalent $$ value of this work is about $4500 give or take. :D :D

He is on the hook to help me do some heavy yardwork (cut down some trees and replace a fence) but I know if he had to hire a plumber he would have gotten an enormous bill.

Hey friend,
Coming to Florida anytime soon?:smile:

e57

I travelled 100 miles to help load several large slabs 1000lbs of walnut for a freind - he in turn owed me.... I got several pallets of stone moved through my house peice by peice.... :grin: Both equally back-breaking....

mdshunk

electricman2 said:
I am sometimes asked by customer if I do plumbing too:) . My response is "only in my own house".
I sub to a few plumbers, so I rotate around who I recommend to keep them all happy with me. :grin: Actually, there's one that I can't recommend in good conscience, so I save that one for "special occasions", if you know what I mean.

iaov

electricman2 said:
I am sometimes asked by customer if I do plumbing too:) . My response is "only in my own house".
After getting a bid accepted to do a complete rewire on a house the HO asked me if I did plumbing too. I said sure, but it's gonna leak.:grin:

220/221

I do all my own plumbing.

It's the same as electrical. It goes in one end and comes out the other.

I had to redo every bit of plumbing in my last two projects....except for that vent stack I couldn't remove because of a coupling.

DSC01004.jpg

The shower drain was 2' back in this hole. I did it without rep[lacing the shower pan tile .
DSC01005.jpg

Last edited:

Chenley

Did a job couple of years ago where we were finishing up the rough-in in a restaurant renovation. Asked the owner when the plumber was going to start running everything. The owner was under the impression that all electricians are plumbers also. T&M job so there wasn't much of a contract for him to see we are not plumbers. :grin:

ceb58

Just think somewhere their are pissed off plumbers. Complaining on a web site about those "sparkies" taking food of their table and driving prices down:) :grin:

ceb58 said:
Just think somewhere their are pissed off plumbers. Complaining on a web site about those "sparkies" taking food of their table and driving prices down:) :grin:

How hard can it be?
"H" to the left, "C" to the right, sh*t don't go up hill and payday on Thursday.
Oh ya, don't bite your finger nails!

Aside from that...Pretty straight forward.:smile:

mdshunk

keesha said:
How hard can it be?
"H" to the left, "C" to the right, sh*t don't go up hill and payday on Thursday.
Oh ya, don't bite your finger nails!

Aside from that...Pretty straight forward.:smile:
When you consider that plumbers are generally better compensated than electricians, there's more to it than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.