Towel Bar Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

So would anyone install this as is?

400.8 (2) (5) seem to be conflicting the install... besides that, where the wire comes out I don't see any box fitting behind a 3" plate...:happysad:

Minuteman

I may be wrong (again) but the SJO would be considered fixture wire and not my problem. Just like when I run a #8 to a 40 amp A/C unit and they now are coming with #10 pigtails already installed.

stickboy1375

I may be wrong (again) but the SJO would be considered fixture wire and not my problem. Just like when I run a #8 to a 40 amp A/C unit and they now are coming with #10 pigtails already installed.

How would SJO be considered fixture wire? also, there isn't a box that will fit behind the mounting plate they provide.

So you would just run the SJO in a wall cavity and be okay with that?

Minuteman

Never seen one like that. My first thought was that I would have a round outlet box. But the smallest that I could find is 3 1/2" and the 3 holes don't line up. Hmmmm?

stickboy1375

If my wife sees this thread and wants a towel warmer I am sending you the bill.:D

Where did that come from? Bed bath and beyond? What are the specs?

It came from Waterworks. IMO, they buy this crap over seas and sell it in the US... But as the nice customer service lady responded on the phone, " we sell these all the time in New York and nobody has an issue" :)

hurk27

Well If my wife came home with a $2885.00 towel warmer we would be in divorce court:lol:

But in reading the installation Guidelines it says to run conduit to the point of where the top left attachment connects to the wall and install the wire in it to a single switch or dimmer.

It claims to have an NTRL listing but doesn't say which one? it is listed by CSA I still see it as a NEC 400.8 violation??

Last edited:

stickboy1375

Wow, Is the house really that cold that they need a heated towel? For $2885 I could install a heater that would heat more than a towel...Might even turn the heat up a degree or two.:blink:

The towel bar doesn't heat the house, it heats the towels... were also installing a Radio Ra system, the switches are insanely expensive, the owner is a doctor, enough said. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.