Troubleshoot This

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnsane84

The answer is........the flux capacitor is a 483 phase unit running as a single phase unit disturbed by the fact that pluto is in the 3 rotational phase of its orbit combined with the fact that instead of using super 33+ to tape there wirenuts they used duct tape and the bus bars made of silium phosphate trychloride which produces an erossive gas which caused the terminals to become corroded in turn creating a false reading when he checked it with his Illudium PU-36 Space Modulator. After doing my calculations I believe the answer is 3......and a half..........squared....to the third power......of 4.:D :D

Jhaney

jnsane84
your way ahead of me on the coffee and sadly my voices haven't woke up yet (I feel kind of lonely) so needless to say your doing much better than me today. On a side note the late night BBQ and beer probably aren't helping my early start

Podagrower

All neutral connections were solid and tight in the neutral bar.
Anyone wanna take a stab at what I found?[/QUOTE]

How about main bonding jumper missing/damaged, and original installer put nuetral from meter base on ground bar in main panel?

gar

Occupation
EE
080815-1302 EST

Podagrower:

I somewhat agree that your description might be part of the problem. But this does not explain from my earlier post
2, 3, 6, and 7 should all be the same bus, and therefore all voltages would have to be the same, but are not.

2 and 8 should be opposite buses and sum to 240. That is OK and would imply an open neutral, but this is inconsistent with 3 and 4 having balanced readings.

billsnuff

just thinin out loud

just thinin out loud

what is the signifigance of voltage readings to ground? Does that imply that a proper bond exists between the between the grounded and grounding conductors? is that bond in the panel, meter, external disco or does it even matter? What do the five circuits have in common? Why isn't the voltage imbalance consistant (different loads)? and as GAR pointed out, why is the one different?

480sparky

The (belated) answer

The (belated) answer

PaTerminator said:
It would seem that circuits 2+8 / 9+18 / 15+24 / 25+35 / 28+34 are all multiwire branch circuits. However, I don't see losing 5 neutrals at the same time very likely.

220/221 said:
Maybe the neutrals were terminated on a section of neutral bus that was bad/loose?

PaTerminator got close, and 220/221 hit it on the head. The MWBCs with the odd voltages had their neutrals terminated at the bottom of the neutral bar, and at some point above it the bar had been broken by over-tightening one terminal. This was years ago, before I started carrying a camera, so I don't have any pix.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back on this, but a storm came through Wed night and I lost my connection. I had a meeting last night, and this is the first I've been able to get back online since then.

electricalperson

480sparky said:
PaTerminator got close, and 220/221 hit it on the head. The MWBCs with the odd voltages had their neutrals terminated at the bottom of the neutral bar, and at some point above it the bar had been broken by over-tightening one terminal. This was years ago, before I started carrying a camera, so I don't have any pix.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back on this, but a storm came through Wed night and I lost my connection. I had a meeting last night, and this is the first I've been able to get back online since then.
thats pretty good troubleshooting right there

480sparky

electricalperson said:
thats pretty good troubleshooting right there

It took me a long time to figure this one out. I didn't have all the numbers written down, so as I went down the breakers, I never caught the fact that they were MWBCs spead out all over the panel. What made it worse is the broken neutral bar would sporadically make a connection, and all the voltages would return to normal.

This one drove me nuts all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.