Using much 12/2/2 NM cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmikeman

mdshunk said:
You don't have to identify MWBC's that arrive by way of cables anyhow in the 2008. Pipe, yes. Cables, no.

Now that I did not know. We are still on 2005. But thanks for the info about it, cause now I know. For pipe jobs it does make sense. I just wish we they allowed a twisting together of the conductors as well as the cable tie's.

mdshunk

macmikeman said:
Now that I did not know. We are still on 2005. But thanks for the info about it, cause now I know. For pipe jobs it does make sense. I just wish we they allowed a twisting together of the conductors as well as the cable tie's.
You could use string if you wanted to. Maybe a good time to bone up on the lost art of cable lacing? :smile:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
mdshunk said:
You don't have to identify MWBC's that arrive by way of cables anyhow in the 2008. Pipe, yes. Cables, no.

Sorry, but that is not true as a blanket statement, read the article section and its Exception closely.

Roger

macmikeman

mdshunk said:
You could use string if you wanted to. Maybe a good time to bone up on the lost art of cable lacing? :smile:

Just a bit before my time I think. I have only seen it once or twice and boy was I impressed with that stuff. Looking at cable lacing and some of the knob and tube jobs, earns respect for the way things got done in the old days. Maybe not as safe as today's wiring, but detailed and of high craftsmanship.

Status
Not open for further replies.