• Fuse

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I have no LOTO kit

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

big john

Has anyone actually had to use a fuse lockout? I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a fused disconnect that didn't have a padlock hasp....

My company supplies LOTO equipment but I have my own kit for convenience sake that'll do switches and miniature breakers.

-John

djohns6

big john said:
Has anyone actually had to use a fuse lockout? I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a fused disconnect that didn't have a padlock hasp....

My company supplies LOTO equipment but I have my own kit for convenience sake that'll do switches and miniature breakers.

-John

We often remove fuses from relay potential circuits as part of a " clearance procedure " . No other way to isolate without lifting wires .

iwire

Staff member
frizbeedog said:
Bob, You can always edit/remove the picture that you think doesn't belong, or isn't appropriate concerning a certain topic.

As any of the moderators can and do from time to time.

That is hardly the point.

frizbeedog

iwire said:
That is hardly the point.

Well then, I must have missed your point. I'm sure you'll enlighten me.

Here's what I saw: An interesting introduction to a good thread. When you came in with that "represent your business stuff," I was aghast and confused.

Never did I think that way. I thought, Clever, good thread, and that's Ken.

Your'e not one of those guys who want's to put a damper on personality, are you Bob? Dang man, even you've got personality, and If can speak for the members, we kinda like it. Much respect. :smile:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
frizbeedog said:
Well then, I must have missed your point. I'm sure you'll enlighten me.

Here's what I saw: An interesting introduction to a good thread. When you came in with that "represent your business stuff," I was aghast and confused.

Never did I think that way. I thought, Clever, good thread, and that's Ken.

Your'e not one of those guys who want's to put a damper on personality, are you Bob? Dang man, even you've got personality, and If can speak for the members, we kinda like it. Much respect. :smile:

Let's get this clear, Bob is not the only one, he was just the first to bring it up.

As I said earlier, it is not just the moderators that are tiring of the over use of pictures in lame attempts at comedy.

If I was having conversations with a number of employees, light hearted funny comments from a few may be fine, but when it becomes anticipated that a few particular employees will do it time and time again, it wears it self out.

Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

Roger

jackshel

I enjoy the pics! It sounds like some people really need to relax.Industrial electrician all of the above except fun fuse wheel device,I now want one to query co-workers,doubt if very many will no what it is.

ultramegabob

maybe you guys should start a seperate thread to air your complaints about this topic instead of highjacking the worthwhile thread....

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Let's get one more thing clear, the moderators are also members and can voice their opinions as such.

I will also point out that pictures that are relevant to a topic and have an educational or clarification purpose are not the pictures being discussed here

Roger

frizbeedog

roger said:
Let's get this clear, Bob is not the only one, he was just the first to bring it up.

As I said earlier, it is not just the moderators that are tiring of the over use of pictures in lame attempts at comedy.

If I was having conversations with a number of employees, light hearted funny comments from a few may be fine, but when it becomes anticipated that a few particular employees will do it time and time again, it wears it self out.

Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

Roger

Thanks Roger. I appreciate good clear answers that are to the point.

Let me say I'm guilty as charged in some instances.

...and Roger, don't apologize for a point of view. :)

iaov

roger said:
I agree, and FWIW, I have recieved some PM's from a few members that agree as well.

I wouldn't want humor to go by the wayside, but to much of anything gets old.

Roger
Life is short, we suffer, we die. Personally I'll take every opportunity presented to me to have a laugh.

frizbeedog

roger said:
Thank you Frizbeedog.

Roger

It's just a user name. You all can call me Brian if you like. :smile:

On topic. Rant over?

Several instances in my career where we wern't using proper lockout, tagout protocols, and we got lucky. I was lit up once, and I lit someone up once. Make no mistake this is serious business and should be a practice employed by any of you working with electricity.

As an apprentice I was lit up by my Journeyman. :mad:

Don't ever think you have full control over your work environment.

In a residence one day, I'm changing out a hallway fixture, thinking I'm safe because the switch is off, and wholy cow the homeowner comes into the hallway an flips on the light switch. He knew I was there working, but this was what he did, out of habit.

They don't think like we do....Habits.

Stranger things have happened. I have stories.

Last edited:

480sparky

frizbeedog said:
.....In a residence one day, I'm changing out a hallway fixture, thinking I'm safe because the switch is off, and wholy cow the homeowner comes into the hallway an flips on the light switch. He knew I was there working, but this was what he did, out of habit.....

Having someone else turn on the power on you is one thing.

Doing it to yourself is quite another. Something I have done. Installing cut-in can lights in a basement. Trim & bulb as I go. I get distracted, and come back an hour later to continue. Mindlessly turn on the lights so I can see, climb the ladder and grab the end of the NM.....

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
iaov said:
we suffer, we die.
How is your most charming wife?;)

Personally I'll take every opportunity presented to me to have a laugh.
Well put George. I also got a chuckle and enjoy the humor after a long day in the sun.

I would like to thank Mr. Holt, the Mods and all the members for my addiction to this Forum.:smile: This is a fascinating place for many reasons. I'll be back tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Friday, be safe and may all your posted photos be on topic.

cadpoint

frizbeedog said:
Time to get with the program.......Respectfully. :smile:
Oh I think the whole thread took us all back for a little bit or quiet a bit!

Depending on how you one views this situation, yes, having frankly seen some of it, no I ain't got it, all!

Thanks for all of us reminding each other that safety is preminum issue!

OH! The elevator man showed me how to defeat the large clamp in six (?) the lower onein picture is the cure!

Last edited:

ItsHot

serious note

serious note

ItsHot said:
What's in my lotto kit? A dime to scratch with and a pencil to pick my numbers!:grin:
On the more serious note! I have the breaker locks, padlocks and keys, hasp, tags and even one of those cable locking reels that let you fish through and make mutiple lockouts with one device!! I have considered making my own laminated tags with my photo and contact info to hang with the regular tags.?? Thanks for the thread Ken!!:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.