Wut da POCO mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibew441dc

I guess I can accept that acronym, but "Wut da" isn't exactly a good means of getting anyone to respond to your post. I hear "Wut da", and I'd like to stick a probe in your ear, and I don't mean gently.

To be honest.....I only gave the "Wut da" a meaning after you flew off your rocker:grin:

It wasn't meant to be the hip hop/ebonic version, more like the guys off of that Knoxville movie the Ringer:grin:.

Whatever you do, if my joking statement pissed you off:roll:... don't take it out on that horse;):grin:

quogueelectric

To be honest.....I only gave the "Wut da" a meaning after you flew off your rocker:grin:

It wasn't meant to be the hip hop/ebonic version, more like the guys off of that Knoxville movie the Ringer:grin:.

Whatever you do, if my joking statement pissed you off:roll:... don't take it out on that horse;):grin:
I always blame it on Mad Cow disease.:wink:

iwire

Staff member
I guess I can accept that acronym, but "Wut da" isn't exactly a good means of getting anyone to respond to your post. I hear "Wut da", and I'd like to stick a probe in your ear, and I don't mean gently.

Are you OK? It scares me you are set off so easy and have a gun under your bed. :confused:

He was just having some fun.

mivey

Since this forum is so technical, should't it be "PoCo" insteal of "POCO"?

Just asking. :smile:
Not unless you think there is a good reason for capitalizing "power" or "company". So, "poco" for power company, and "POCO" for POWER COMPANY? Probably came about more from saying "po-co" instead of "power company"? Only the Shadow knows. Of course that is not necessarily evil...though some may think the power companies are evil...wonder what's for lunch...

Besoeker

I'm from UK, a Brit, as no doubt some of you already know.
My sweet wife is a Southern Belle from GA.
Most of the commonly used abbreviations used on many forums apply across the board and across nations and posters posting in the English language. And we get along perfectly fine with the usual abbreviations.
When it comes to technical terms here, many used are local (in a global context) and sometimes product specific. Like Romex. And cable sizes. And types.
Sure, it is a US forum and others just need to accept that.

480sparky

Not unless you think there is a good reason for capitalizing "power" or "company". So, "poco" for power company, and "POCO" for POWER COMPANY? Probably came about more from saying "po-co" instead of "power company"? Only the Shadow knows. Of course that is not necessarily evil...though some may think the power companies are evil...wonder what's for lunch...

pO-cO. :grin:

Quotation marks?

Now I am lost...

Congratulations. My dad used to say he knew a guy that was not from Georgia once...but he got here as quick as he could.:smile:

I'm from UK, a Brit, as no doubt some of you already know.
My sweet wife is a Southern Belle from GA.
Most of the commonly used abbreviations used on many forums apply across the board and across nations and posters posting in the English language. And we get along perfectly fine with the usual abbreviations.
When it comes to technical terms here, many used are local (in a global context) and sometimes product specific. Like Romex. And cable sizes. And types.
Sure, it is a US forum and others just need to accept that.

now I'm trying to quote

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Quotation marks?

Now I am lost...
"Ah, Grasshopper, you have much to learn."

Look in the bottom-right corner of each post. You'll see three buttons* that explain themselves when you hover over them for a second. Click on the center button, the 'multi-quote' button, in each post you wish to quote in whole or in part.

You can click on them in whatever order you want the quoted snippets to appear. If for some reason, you want to quote post 35 before post 14, just click on them in that order. Bob hadn't noticed it was added with the last forum software upgrade.

* Added: Note that your own posts have four button during the editable period.

Last edited:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Quotation marks?

Now I am lost...
No, he had said:

Another tip for you Dan:

If you'd like to respond to several of the posters in your thread, click the quotation marks in each of their posts. Except for the last post you'd like to quote, instead click the "quote" button, now you'll have all their replies in one post that you can respond too.:wink:

Note that he said "quote," not "question."

You can even use the little blue arrow next to a quotee's name in the blue box, which takes you back to the original quoted post (another added feature), to jump around while multi-quoting.

POCO is a common term used on this forum, but nobody I know really throws that term around.....I'm pretty sure I know what it is referring to when used, but what does the acronym mean.

I have never asked anybody, so I only have an opinion.:-?

Public OR County Official????
Public Or County Organization????

POwer COmpany and is favored as such by electricians since it is so nice - and true - to say: that POCO is LOCO!:D

480sparky

The quote button:

quote.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.