Appropriate Attire For An Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Seam rippers, needle nose pliers and nail clippers are great for getting the 'old companys' embroidered logo off a nice jacket.

ITO

480sparky said:
Seam rippers, needle nose pliers and nail clippers are great for getting the 'old companys' embroidered logo off a nice jacket.

If you take to the time to make the logo look cool, generally guys don't want to remove it...:wink:

Rewire

JohnJ0906 said:
Funny thing is, most of the interviews I've done have been right after work, so I am still wearing a company uniform.

Score - 8 interviews, 7 offers (6 times right on the spot, 1 call the next week)
so can't hold a steady job ,

Rewire

480sparky said:
Either that, or "Hey, boss, I just got an offer for $2/hour more than you're paying me....."
The grass is always greener,We have shop hoppers around here they are never happy and tend to cause more trouble than they are worth I had one quit for 50 cents more an hour and he had farther to drive to the new job.

big john

ishium 80439 said:
I once had an old who grew up in the 40's tell me that you should wear a tie even if you are interviewing for a job unloading box cars.
I followed that advice for a job interview thinking it would make the best impression. I got the job but I had to make it very clear, several times, that yes, I knew the position was for work out in the field and not in an office, and yes, I knew I would be getting dirty.

-John

electricalperson

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
Exactly. When I go to a Sears customer service counter, I don't expect to see a guy who looks like he belongs behind a Harley Davidson parts counter.

tattoo_ink.jpg
whats wrong with him? i have tattoos on my arms and im not a bad person. im sure that guy is a nice guy. those are some nice looking tattoos. looks like he had a good artist.

JohnJ0906

Rewire said:
so can't hold a steady job ,

Didn't say I accepted all those offers either. :wink:

480sparky said:
Either that, or "Hey, boss, I just got an offer for $2/hour more than you're paying me....."

That is not why either.
IMO, that is not how to go about getting a raise. Not that I haven't seen it work.

growler

iwire said:
Heres one of mine, I guess I should not be hired. :grin:

MyTatEdited.jpg

Ever do any "time" in Atlanta Bob?

I mean before that Mexico thing.

You know what they say about electricians, Half of them "Wanted" some place and the other half not wanted any place.

Last edited:

mdshunk

JohnJ0906 said:
Didn't say I accepted all those offers either. :wink:
that is not why either.
IMO, that is not how to go about getting a raise. Not that I haven't seen it work.
It's good to interview often, in my opinion. It allows you to effectively gauge your worth in the marketplace, and keeps your interview skills sharp when you really do need work.

mdshunk

Speaking of wounds, I went to buy a bottle of Mercurochrome the other day, and they don't sell it anymore. What's this world coming to? That stuff worked good. Scrape most of the dirt off your cut, throw a little Mercurochrome on it, and it'll heal fine.

satcom

Ok, the secret is out now, his day job is a Harley Davidson parts counter man. and he moonlights with the electrical work.

Status
Not open for further replies.