How stuck in your ways are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
peter d said:
Why does it matter? :confused:

It does not, but moderator or not I am entitled to my personal opinion of this or any thread.

As a moderator I have no intention to do anything about this thread.

iwire

Staff member
peter d said:
I just don't see why you felt the need to pick on this thread...it seems pretty harmless to me. :confused:

I don't know, maybe it was after effects of the lunar eclipse?

Or maybe I really feel like it was a stupid thread, on the level of ground up or down.....and we don't allow those threads.

I am pretty certain emahler can take the heat.

iwire

Staff member
emahler said:
so, they are far from new, yet you still use metal boxes with RX...:D

It's been 20 years since I have been on a metal stud NM job.

In my own house I prefer metal old works, but I have some plastic new works as well.

BTW, who is stuck in their ways? You are not the lone exception.

RX? What is RX. :wink:

peter d

iwire said:
Or maybe I really feel like it was a stupid thread, on the level of ground up or down.....and we don't allow those threads.

Maybe it is a stupid thread and I'm not seeing it..but judging by the responses so far it's been a good discussion, even if it's about the age old question of metal vs. plastic boxes. :roll: ;)

peter d

iwire said:

Everyone is stuck in their ways to one degree or another. Some are just so stuck that they can't make money in the trade or adapt to the many changes that come down the pipeline every year.

How many people still refuse to use MWBC's because they were taught they were "unsafe?" Quite a few I'm sorry to say. That's a prime example of someone stuck in their ways.

iwire

Staff member
peter d said:
..but judging by the responses so far it's been a good discussion,

Yes it's getting a lot of views and posts......the common denominator of many pointless threads. :grin:

But heck, you have been around long enough to know that.

Now this exchange is just proving the point, I am out.

emahler

iwire said:
It's been 20 years since I have been on a metal stud NM job.

In my own house I prefer metal old works, but I have some plastic new works as well.

RX? What is RX. :wink:

RX...that's the doctors of change:D....RX...Romex...NM-B...NM....take your pick....i'll let you choose...

emahler

iwire said:
Yes it's getting a lot of views and posts......the common denominator of many pointless threads. :grin:

But heck, you have been around long enough to know that.

Now this exchange is just proving the point, I am out.

actually bob, the point wasn't to debate metal boxes vs. plastic...it was to hear stories about guys who refuse to change...guys who will only uses Copper feeders because "they're better"...guys who figure out how much they actually have to charge to make money, but don't because "you can't charge that much"

that type of stuff...

iwire

Staff member
emahler said:
actually bob, the point wasn't to debate metal boxes vs. plastic...it was to hear stories about guys who refuse to change...guys who will only uses Copper feeders because "they're better"...guys who figure out how much they actually have to charge to make money, but don't because "you can't charge that much"

that type of stuff...

So all the stuff that is exposed here at the forum on a daily basis?

OK now I get it. :wink:

peter d

emahler said:

That would be one of the greatest threads ever if people would actually swallow their pride and admit they haven't been charging enough, or they've bought into copper.org's lies. It would benefit us all....problem is it aint gonna happen. ;)

emahler

iwire said:
So all the stuff that is exposed here at the forum on a daily basis?

OK now I get it. :wink:

yep...but the cliff's notes version for those with no attention sp....what?

tonyou812

I carry a little bit of everything. How can you be so set in your ways that you wont use metal cut ins? Every situation is different. What do you do when you are in an old house with Metal Armor cable? Re run the wire in NM?

emahler

tonyou812 said:
I carry a little bit of everything. How can you be so set in your ways that you wont use metal cut ins? Every situation is different. What do you do when you are in an old house with Metal Armor cable? Re run the wire in NM?

see bob...the point is for guys to not read all of the thread, then to ask questions that have already been answered:D

aline

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got."

I don't remember where I heard this quote but I think about it often.

Often times we keep doing things the same way over and over again, then wonder why things don't improve or why we keep getting the same results.

"Most people are too busy trying to earn a living to make any money."

Another quote I heard somewhere that I like.

cschmid

Rewire said:
You must not plan on impacting anyones life.I still remember my Grandfather telling stories of his childhood and the lessons his father taught him and these are the stories and lessons I pass on to my children sadly to many people want to be a character rather than have it rewality TV tells them that backstabbing and lying is O.K. as long as it furthers your "game" children are reaching adulthood with no core values but through it all I have learned one thing from the greatest teacher of all, one man can make a difference.

I guess then having my daughters five kids this weekend doing the grandpa thing does not count.. we just came in from sledding and doing chores..I thought while they are playing some board games that I would check this and then it is homemade chicken soup, gramma got the base and I make the noodles..SO I know my impact in life whats is all of your..when a stranger to your kids is talking about you what are they going to here..I grew up on a farm and the farm is 107 years old (the building are not)and probably need to be rebuilt again (my opinion)..Yet our heritage is here and I will continue the to be proud of our heritage and pray my family is as well..So I can proudly say I am stuck in some off my ways..Yet I like new things as they make my/our lives better..So if bob thinks this thread is a waste of time that is a fair and honest opinion yet he did stop and read the whole thread..His dedication to his job he has chosen to do is commendable..I hope he treats both his personal and professional the same..rewire I am also impressed you picked up on it how many just skimmed on bye and missed the OP's question..I do not believe it was about being stuck on plastic verses metal..gotta go kids are here..

dnem

emahler said:
tonyou812 said:

see bob...the point is for guys to not read all of the thread, then to ask questions that have already been answered:D

I don't think Bob is listening to you :roll:

Maybe you should "stir the pot" a little more and see what happens ;)

emahler

dnem said:
I don't think Bob is listening to you :roll:

Maybe you should "stir the pot" a little more and see what happens ;)

oh, bob hears me...he hears...:D

btw - i'm stirring the pot of tomato sauce all day today...

Status
Not open for further replies.