Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
celtic said:
:-?
How much is a 1G metal box (new work..$1.18 ?)....how much is a 1G plastic box( 0.52?) ?

A 4G metal box would cost you about $5 PLUS the labor assembling the thing.
A 4G plastic costs about $4.

Given the choice - why wouldn't you use plastic boxes?

Being that I just went through changing my setup from metal to plastic, I can tell you the price difference.

1 gang metal box = $1.50
1 gang plastic = $0.31

4 gang?

metal = $6.08 plus assembly time
plastic = $2.50

celtic

Adjusting for regional differences in price and various discounts for bulk orders, it has become clear that lunch is obviously over :D

The difference in cost on one job shouldn't cause an EC to go under...but think how much more can be made using a different mousetrap over the course of a year.

Can I get an amen?

tonyou812

A gravy is a sauce that is thickened with flour whether its sprinkled or stirred in as a slurry or roux, as per Larouse Gastromonic. To call a Tomato sauce gray is a bit low brow in book

emahler

tonyou812 said:
A gravy is a sauce that is thickened with flour whether its sprinkled or stirred in as a slurry or roux, as per Larouse Gastromonic. To call a Tomato sauce gray is a bit low brow in book

I don't use flower per se, I prefer Wondra...no lumps:D

tonyou812

My favorite job was about 12 years ago I was a Saucuier in the City. My Job was to make several sauces for the restaurant and to cook the meat for dinner service at this swankey French restaurant. What a great time that was.......... (Im starring off into a cloud of my past)

Status
Not open for further replies.