Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinetto

Tell me if Im crazy.....I do neat work,,,make above average wages and benefits, the contractor is making money hand over fist, the homeowner is getting a house that is wired as if it was me house, and the housing prices around here are very reasonable.....Who is losing form this ???

peter d

splinetto said:
Tell me if Im crazy.....I do neat work,,,make above average wages and benefits, the contractor is making money hand over fist, the homeowner is getting a house that is wired as if it was me house, and the housing prices around here are very reasonable.....Who is losing form this ???

The only problem is that all of those statements are subjective. ;) :D

peter d

480sparky said:
Ask around. His name is Darrell.

OK.

Hey Darrell, how long did your business last? It seems you went a little overboard with your precise hole drilling. You wouldn't make it as a contractor around here with that kind of extreme attention to detail. But that's just my humble opinion.

jrannis

iwire said:
Here are a few I found

Barestud1.jpg

Barestud2.jpg

Click for others

Panel 1a

Panel 1b

Panel 2

Transformer 1a

Transformer 1b

Nice work, Lots of phase tape!
We have been known to use a plastic gromet thing in the metal stud when the MC cable passes through it.

stickboy1375

Wow... This thread has taken off, let me let some of you in on a clue... I do neat and extraordinary work... but ONLY if i'm paid for it... if not, then you get bare code requirements... or whatever you want to pay me for... end this my work is neater than your work nonsense...

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
splinetto said:
I would not do it like that, however atleast you put a picture of your work out there....Some of the people on here talk alot but do they show off there work?
I will. remind me tomorrow. I'm tired.

iwire

Staff member
splinetto said:
What does that fact that itll be covered up have to due with doing NEAT work....It is either neat or not...so you only do code compliant work if it can be seen?....

What does neat have to do with safe and code compliant?

Even the NFPAs own 'Style Manual' lists neat and workmanlike as likely un-enforceable.

You saw the pictures I posted, I usually work 'neat' but neatness should not be a NEC concern, safe should be the only concern of the NEC.

iwire

Staff member
stickboy1375 said:
Wow... This thread has taken off, let me let some of you in on a clue... I do neat and extraordinary work... but ONLY if i'm paid for it... if not, then you get bare code requirements... or whatever you want to pay me for... end this my work is neater than your work nonsense...

You just described my attitude perfectly.

If I know the customer beat the price down then I give nothing away, they get what I am obligated to provide and nothing more.

jrannis

emahler said:
why?.........

We save money by not taping devices
and not twisting wires before putting the wirenut on (if you read the bag they come in it doesnt say to twist them)
I dont know, maybe the plastic makes it eaiser to pull the MC cable through or something

electricmanscott

splinetto said:
Some of the people on here talk alot but do they show off there work?

Yeah, so I can get hammered for 30 pages. I don't think so.

If there is one thing you should learn from this thread, the guys here are very particular about the way they do things. Every single one has their way of doing things and their way is the only way. Kind of like a bunch of old dogs. Not very open to new tricks if you know what I mean. (see afci and Tr receptacles)

If it were up to some of these people we'd still be wiring with knob and tube, solder, and tape.
Did somebody say tape? :grin:

emahler

electricmanscott said:
If it were up to some of these people we'd still be wiring with knob and tube, solder, and tape.
Did somebody say tape? :grin:

haven't we picked on poor brant enough for using solder and tape?:D

wirebender

electricmanscott said:
Yeah, so I can get hammered for 30 pages. I don't think so.

If there is one thing you should learn from this thread, the guys here are very particular about the way they do things.

What he said.:D

Don't post pictures if you're going to take anything personal.:roll:

cschmid

I read something in the new code about solder must go and review it again..But what I wanted to type is about our work..My work is an art form and a direct reflection of my professionalism and is not dictated by a customer..I take pride in my work and money does not buy that..If you pay for my services and I agree on the price than you get the whole show..I agreed to it; my word and my work..Your work is an example of who you are and the finished product says it all..who's work is going to last the longest one who went the extra step to make all the wires neat and straight an not twisted or one who just crank out the job and the wires are twisted and intertwined..after years of shifting and moving with the earth like houses do who will ever know..Me and the original owner who periodically inspected the house and thought my neat and workman like professionalism worth talking about..especially when he tells his friends and the cycle continues..so I take personal offense to statements like the customer gets what they pay for..dont agree to the job if you can not give it 100 percent plus..

480sparky

walkerj said:
These guys definately didn't waste any staples on this job and got it done REAL fast, but in my stupid opinion they could have at least tried to button it up a little don't you think. Maybe one or two staples:D

Or a Romex clamp....

Status
Not open for further replies.