Sacred Cows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

iwire said:
Pete I think there is a difference between challenging conventional wisdom and just pushing peoples buttons for sport.

Well then let's at least be consistent, we ride 220/221 pretty hard, don't we? :D

emahler

growler said:
You only wish to sacrifice cows, if you wanted to beat dead horses you could really stir up a hornets nest. :grin: :grin:

wait till i start talking about the monkeys:D

iwire

Staff member
peter d said:
Well then let's at least be consistent, we ride 220/221 pretty hard, don't we? :D

I think I have been consistent with him. :grin:

I told him straight up that as long as he is ignoring the NEC with pride I would be a thorn in his side.

emahler

mdshunk said:
I agree, and I suspect that E would too, but it needs to be done at some level. Anything that stimulates thought, and not discontent, is a good thing.

i don't know...stimulating discontent has worked well for some groups over the years...;)

celtic

emahler said:
wait till i start talking about the monkeys:D
Give me a "head's up" on that...ok?
My 5 yr old has "monkey guards" ....I'm not sure what they are/what it means...but I don't ANGRY monkey guards in my house.
(My 5 yr old likes to "read" over my shoulder sometimes...and she can spell/read monkey)

emahler

iwire said:
I think I have been consistent with him. :grin:

I told him straight up that as long as he is ignoring the NEC with pride I would be a thorn in his side.

i can respect that...

emahler

celtic said:
Give me a "head's up" on that...ok?
My 5 yr old has "monkey guards" ....I'm not sure what they are/what it means...but I don't ANGRY monkey guards in my house.
(My 5 yr old likes to "read" over shoulder sometimes...and she can spell/read monkey)

well, i can assure you that I won't advocate spanking the poor monkeys...they have it hard enough...you'll be ok...

Look the definition of forum up in the dictionary - yes I understand that Mike has some constraints that are additional. Yet, we do need the input of people who are willing to go out on a limb and 'stir the post'. I do not see that Emahler ment to stir it so much that it would be shut down, but pushing the envelope has always been one of my "Sacred Cows".
I say lets have at it - in a as friendly a manner as is possible.

emahler

Pierre C Belarge said:
Look the definition of forum up in the dictionary - yes I understand that Mike has some constraints that are additional. Yet, we do need the input of people who are willing to go out on a limb and 'stir the post'. I do not see that Emahler ment to stir it so much that it would be shut down, but pushing the envelope has always been one of my "Sacred Cows".
I say lets have at it - in a as friendly a manner as is possible.

that's the gist of it Pierre...think outside of your box...see it from someone else's POV...maybe even learn something...

Daedalus was imprisoned in the Labyrinth along with his son Icarus. Daedalus constructed a pair of wings from wax and feathers for he and his son so they could escape the Labyrinth (I will not go into detail as to why Daedalus was imprisoned in the Labyrinth as this is a family oriented forum).

Daedalus told Icarus not to fly too close to the sun because his wings would melt, but as we all know Icarus did not listen.

Moral of the story: Listen to emahler and you won't go wrong.

iwire

Staff member
HaskinsElectric said:
Daedalus was imprisoned in the Labyrinth along with his son Icarus. Daedalus constructed a pair of wings from wax and feathers for he and his son so they could escape the Labyrinth (I will not go into detail as to why Daedalus was imprisoned in the Labyrinth as this is a family oriented forum).

Daedalus told Icarus not to fly too close to the sun because his wings would melt, but as we all know Icarus did not listen.

Now that is about the funnest post I have seen in a while.:grin:

emahler

HaskinsElectric said:

you are probably my favorite person i've never met...where do you come up with this stuff?

btw- TRUTH! :D

emahler

iwire said:
I believe they are called books.

i'm talking about the ability to take knowledge and use it...something that is lacking in the trades...

do you think he was in the middle of reading this story? nope, he brought it back from the depths of his memory and put it to use...that's the impressive part...

Status
Not open for further replies.