Sacred Cows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmanscott

I don't even know what this thread is about but if there was bitching about the state of the industry just look around..the problems are among us. I just read through a bunch of stuff and have no desire to rehash any of it. Let's just say that common sense or I should say lack thereof, (let's argue whether a cabinet is a wall or not) is not helping matters. And $4.00 gfcis being installed? That is sickening and can not possibly be legal. :rolleyes:

emahler

in a nutshell....

we all want the industry to improve, so long as the things that we care about don't change...no matter how detrimental they may currently be to the industry...

how's that?

electricmanscott

emahler said:
in a nutshell....

we all want the industry to improve, so long as the things that we care about don't change...no matter how detrimental they may currently be to the industry...

how's that?

Here in Mass the industry is pretty good economy aside. And even that is not that bad.

We have effective licensing, good continuing ed, good workers for the most part, and decent inspectors. Oh yeah, the NFPA is based here too.

There are always going to be problems as long as there are people.

electricmanscott said:

There are always going to be problems as long as there are people.

Well spoken.
Part of dealing with an issue is knowing where the source of the issue begins. Now that Scott has posted this, it is just of a matter of knowing that there will always be some things we will not be able to change.

emahler

Pierre C Belarge said:
Well spoken.
Part of dealing with an issue is knowing where the source of the issue begins. Now that Scott has posted this, it is just of a matter of knowing that there will always be some things we will not be able to change.

does that mean we stop trying?

iaov

iwire said:
To each their own, for me nothing beats text on paper when I want to enjoy reading and understanding the content.
Reading stuff off the computer is not nearly enjoyable as as having a book in ones hands.

celtic said:
...which equals doom

Not sure if you are serious with this response.

When the issues are bigger than the individual, the individual does as best as he can.

Generally one person is not enough to change these types of issues.

I do not believe we are doomed...there are still too many who do care.

emahler

Pierre C Belarge said:
Not sure if you are serious with this response.

When the issues are bigger than the individual, the individual does as best as he can.

Generally one person is not enough to change these types of issues.

I do not believe we are doomed...there are still too many who do care.

i think he was serious...but i think he was referring to the thought "there is nothing I can do"....we can all do something....

celtic

Actually, I am pretty serious....

Assuming the playing field IS level, sure ...with all things being equal "do the best we can with the conditions we're given" is possible.

But the field is NOT level....and until the field is leveled or at the least pointing in the right direction, this industry will steadily decline.

The infamous "the cup is half full or the cup is half empty"

I believe it is half full. ;)

An analogy is sort of like losing weight.
It takes years to put the weight on, it will not come off until a concerted effort is made and time spent.

I believe there are people who are spending the time, politics does get in the way and new routes have to be found. ;)

iaov

Pierre C Belarge said:
The infamous "the cup is half full or the cup is half empty"

I believe it is half full. ;)

An analogy is sort of like losing weight.
It takes years to put the weight on, it will not come off until a concerted effort is made and time spent.

I believe there are people who are spending the time, politics does get in the way and new routes have to be found. ;)
It's not half empty or half full. The cup is twice as big as it needs to be!:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.