NM and soffit fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
... It sickens me that basic, very basic kindergarten items such as this post still happens every single day. ...
And these picture thread will change that????
The only thing that changes that is what you and the other inspectors do in the field.

ty

On this forum, I really doubt that. Maybe on a DIY forum, but I doubt that many on this forum are learning from the posting of these very obvious violations.

They are very reminicent of Joe T.'s

ivsenroute, how about posting a pic or 2 of some of the jobs that passed inspection. Those would be way more funner to pic apart. (bad english on purpose)

ivsenroute

They are very reminicent of Joe T.'s

ivsenroute, how about posting a pic or 2 of some of the jobs that passed inspection. Those would be way more funner to pic apart. (bad english on purpose)

Because I have used up my picture posting allotment for the forum. Apparently there is a limit to how often you can post pictures.

ivsenroute

Then again, the "pass or fail real life" thread is at 18 pages and counting, must have been somewhat interesting?

I started 50 threads in the past 2 months, starting on November 22, 2009. (less than 1 per day average)

1205 - Replies to those 50 threads

39145 - Views of those 50 threads

Average number of replies per threads posted 24

Average number of replies per threads for the entire site 12

Yeah, nothing to look at.

peter d

I started 50 threads in the past 2 months, starting on November 22, 2009. (less than 1 per day average)

1205 - Replies to those 50 threads

39145 - Views of those 50 threads

Average number of replies per threads posted 24

Average number of replies per threads for the entire site 12

Yeah, nothing to look at.

Keep patting yourself on the back. ;)

I'm hoping you'll post something interesting to look at. So far that hasn't happened.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I've never "played numbers" here so that may be fabulous, but if only 3% of those that viewed the thread replied, it wouldn't seem they promoted much discussion.
That may be better than average, but it suprised me it was that low.

gndrod

If you actually posted pictures of things that were somewhat interesting, I would not have made the comment that I did. As it is, I think any of us who do residential work or inspect residential work see this stuff on a daily basis, so it really is truly boring to see more pictures of it now.

This may be boring to some, but there are others that are thankful to see what sloppy work can give our trade a bad image. This is far below what you think that is important when boring comments like this occur. Give this poster credit for the time and effort he took to help on this forum.

Like Iwire Bob says, "Act civil". rbj

peter d

This may be boring to some, but there are others that are thankful to see what sloppy work can give our trade a bad image. This is far below what you think that is important when boring comments like this occur. Give this poster credit for the time and effort he took to help on this forum.

I'll break this down into very simple terms.

Pictures of DIY installed violations - boring

Pictures of racks of 4" RMC concentrically bent - interesting

Pictures of A/C disconnects and sub panels - boring

Pictures of complex control systems - interesting

Pictures of minor violations of electricians - boring

Pictures of the electrical systems of a data center - interesting

etc etc....you get the point.

I'll break this down into very simple terms.

Pictures of DIY installed violations - boring

Pictures of racks of 4" RMC concentrically bent - interesting

Pictures of A/C disconnects and sub panels - boring

Pictures of complex control systems - interesting

Pictures of minor violations of electricians - boring

Pictures of the electrical systems of a data center - interesting

etc etc....you get the point.

What kind of job are you working on these days?

electricmanscott

And don't forget the wacky code interpretations we get to imagine for some of these pictures! :D

I do think though that for some of us that actually work in the field everyday these pictures are just shoulder shrug so what material.

Status
Not open for further replies.