Dual energy generation with magnetic seesaw system and gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may work, but do not expect output would be greater than input. Focus on whether you can develop your invention into any commercial product just as I mentioned in my last post.

Dear Sir,
I'm not shaking flashlight but I'm shaking the seesaw system and this seesaw will work to shake equally of all attached flashlights.so why there is no more output than input.
It is not only a matter of physics law that it is breaking the law but also a matter of 'common sense'.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
There may be friction loss but it will be negligible and there will be no effect on the entire system due to this loss.
So my earnest request to all of great folks that reconsider about this design.
If I am understanding this correctly, the weight in each of shake lights will move quickly in the direction of the low side when the balance arm passes center. The effect of that is that the weight on the upper arm moves toward the pivot and the weight on the lower arm moves away from the pivot. That means that the arm is no longer balanced and it will require more energy input from the motor to raise the arm back to the horizontal position each half cycle. This is not a frictional loss, it is a clear and easily calculated mechanical loss that cannot be reduced without reducing the motion of the shake weights (and therefor the energy they produce.)

Have you calculated the current to the LEDs during each cycle of the shake weights? Have you then the voltage x current product of each light and compared it to the voltage x current product of the motor?

The power in the glow balls, if I am thinking of the same thing you are, comes from a battery, probably not replaceable, inside the ball. It does not matter how little energy is required of the motor, the energy represented by the light comes from the batteries.

Sahib

Dear Sir,
I'm not shaking flashlight but I'm shaking the seesaw system and this seesaw will work to shake equally of all attached flashlights.so why there is no more output than input.
It is not only a matter of physics law that it is breaking the law but also a matter of 'common sense'.
Why are you bothered output be greater than input?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Dear Sir,

See Post # 103 for an explanation. The more flashlights the more load on the motor, since the see-saw will be more imbalanced with each light you add.

See Post # 103 for an explanation. The more flashlights the more load on the motor, since the see-saw will be more imbalanced with each light you add.

Dear Sir,
you are taking it in wrong direction .There is no mechanical loss in this design .can you please tell me how much energy is required to shake a flashlight in watts so that I can tell you that what I want to explain.

If a single human operator is involved, a maximum of 50-60W.
Dear sir,
you have understood it wrong and the mechanism of seesaw system .we are only shaking this seesaw TOWARDS 2 TO 3 CENTIMETER in horizontal left and right direction and flashlights are attached with this seesaw . you can imagine it the we are only shaking seesaw system AS ATTACHED FLASHLIGHTS ARE NOW PARTS OF THIS SYSTEM. so there is a very very less mechanical loss.
if this seesaw is shaking with the equal power of a single flashlight then why shouldn't be output greater than input as EACH FLASHLIGHT IS GETTING EQUAL FORCE TO SHAKE AND IF NOT THEN WE ARE BREAKING THE PHYSICS LAW .
YOU CAN DO IT BY USING A SIMPLE SCALE AND ATTACH SOME WEIGHT ON IT AND YOU WILL FEEL THAT THERE IS NO MUCH FORCE REQUIRED TO SHAKE IT.
I'm asking you about the magnetic induction based flashlight TORCH that are used in houses .

Last edited:
Dear sir,
you have understood it wrong and the mechanism of seesaw system .we are only shaking this seesaw TOWARDS 2 TO 3 CENTIMETER in horizontal left and right direction and flashlights are attached with this seesaw . you can imagine it the we are only shaking seesaw system AS ATTACHED FLASHLIGHTS ARE NOW PARTS OF THIS SYSTEM. so there is a very very less mechanical loss.
if this seesaw is shaking with the equal power of a single flashlight then why shouldn't be output greater than input as EACH FLASHLIGHT IS GETTING EQUAL FORCE TO SHAKE AND IF NOT THEN WE ARE BREAKING THE PHYSICS LAW .
YOU CAN DO IT BY USING A SIMPLE SCALE AND ATTACH SOME WEIGHT ON IT AND YOU WILL FEEL THAT THERE IS NO MUCH FORCE REQUIRED TO SHAKE IT.
I'm asking you about the magnetic induction based flashlight TORCH that are used in houses .

I"m facing only problem of Neodymium magnets to build it as I don't have these magnets otherwise I can build it in a day and prove my concept.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
it will work...

it will work...

...maybe need to just wait 23 billion years till the universe starts collapsing and entropy reverses ?

At least as good a theory as OP conjectures ?

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Dear Sir,
you are taking it in wrong direction .There is no mechanical loss in this design .can you please tell me how much energy is required to shake a flashlight in watts so that I can tell you that what I want to explain.
Dear sir, there is no such thing as a system with moving parts that has no mechanical loss. Ignoring it will not make it go away.

kwired

Electron manager
Dear sir,
If we assume you got rid of all frictional losses, how do you develop more power then what you put in? Moving a magnet past a coil of wire is still going to have an opposition to that movement, and the more electrical load you put on that coil of wire the more opposition it will have - that is how the mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy.

Now the see saw may be able to cycle a few times, but begins to slow down each cycle, power is work times time, if it slows down same work may be done but over longer time so a different power level exists. Eventually it will stop unless more outside energy is put into it.

quantum

I don't have the electrical knowledge of 99% of the people on this forum, but I am a Physicists. You are chasing a dead end, but if you must see it out to its end to convince yourself then you should build this on a very small scale using very little $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.