GFCI's do not need an EGC (moved from another thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quogueelectric

iwire said:
  1. I had nothing to do with the opening post.
  2. The opening posts date is 07-19-2008
Must have been Roger that moved the post and wrote the opening statement see post 45 link to 7-24-2007. My appologies I thought you posted this opening thread.

quogueelectric

roger said:
7/19/08

Roger
Nice try rog........ This post was started by a MODERATOR with issues. I did not post this thread a moderator did. I have protested from the begining. The issue started with someone who had a problem with (see post 45) which was a real life experience of a very active and highly skilled electrician not a desk jockey. Does anyone on this forum believe that someone would spend 50 bucks on electronic parts and spend a couple of hours to assemble test and post and photograph the results which were not in my favor honestly to show the results. What color is the sky in your world??

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
quogueelectric said:
Nice try rog........ This post was started by a MODERATOR with issues. I did not post this thread a moderator did. I have protested from the begining. The issue started with someone who had a problem with (see post 45) which was a real life experience of a very active and highly skilled electrician not a desk jockey. Does anyone on this forum believe that someone would spend 50 bucks on electronic parts and spend a couple of hours to assemble test and post and photograph the results which were not in my favor honestly to show the results. What color is the sky in your world??

No Q, you were posting in a thread that had nothing to do with this conversation so I moved your posts to their own thread, (this one) it's that simple.

None of your posts have been changed from you own words.

Roger

quogueelectric

roger said:
No Q, you were posting in a thread that had nothing to do with this conversation so I moved your posts to their own thread, (this one) it's that simple.

None of your posts have been changed from you own words.

Roger
You chose the title its that simple. Words from long ago to promote your agenda.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
quogueelectric said:
You chose the title its that simple. Words from long ago to promote your agenda.

Yep, and maybe after all of this you have learned that the title is in fact the truth.

Roger

quogueelectric

roger said:
Awwww shucks :grin:

Roger
Anyone but me notice that rodgers posts are answers to new members like 1-10 posts . It almost seems like he is writing his own softballs up there to hit them out of the park. Just a guess.

iwire

Staff member
quogueelectric said:
Anyone but me notice that rodgers posts are answers to new members like 1-10 posts . It almost seems like he is writing his own softballs up there to hit them out of the park. Just a guess.

Now that is funny, do your write this stuff yourself or do you have a ghost writer? :D

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
quogueelectric said:

Hmmmm, I just checked and I did in fact reply to a member with less than 10 posts 106 posts (including this one) ago, this may be a pattern with me, I'll have to check another 100 or so before that. :grin:

Roger

76nemo

iwire said:
I have not tried stop him from having his say. He says a GFCI needs a EGC to operate, I say that is false. Not very complicated.

I also say it was false, he also says he now knows it's false. What he did was ADMIT it now. He was entitled to be stubborn as he admitted in the beginning, I am stubborn too:cool: He followed up with an experiment, he presented it to all of us. Nice follow up Quo!

I'd say it's fair to call this settled.

76nemo

Before this gets closed possibly, I send my best regards for your Mother. I hope everything settles alright.

Take care, we wish you all the best.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
iwire said:
I missed that post, can you point me to it?

Bob I believe post 232 and 236 shows his mea cupa.
The results indicated that this particular device works exactly as it should with or without the ground wire connected.
So either the device I came in contact with was defective or they were manufactured differently way back then.

I have performed a simple test of my own today and the new gfci tripped under both conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.