Ground up or down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: Ground up or down?

General Grant and his wife Julia Dent Grant are entombed side by side, but above ground. They are not "buried."

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation

Originally posted by steve66:. . . why would the location of the crash have anything to do with where they bury anyone???
Very strict Canadian immigration laws. ;)

steve66

Occupation
Engineer

As many times as I have heard the question "Who's burried in Grant's tomb", that's the first time I have ever heard the answer. :)

Canadian immigration laws :D That's funny.

apauling

okay, i'll weigh in on the egg question. i don't think it's religious. I do know that it is a linguistic problem. At some time an animal became what we know of as "chicken". "chicken-like" does not qualify. If the defining characteristics include being hatched from an egg, then the answer is "egg". In all probability the egg came first as the animal that developed into a chicken came from a long line of egg layers and the first animal to be called a chicken would have to have been an egg first.

most of these problems are language problems. I weigh in with the pope hearing the sound while he's s.....g in the woods, and just because he leaves, the definition of the vibration shouldn't change; it's still a sound.

(but i do agree with you CB about the screw slots)

paul :cool:

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation

You can see the tombs of General and Mrs. Grant at the bottom of this page.

You can also get the straight scoop on the General's real name at the top of the same page. Note that if the Congressman did not make his error, we might have had "President HUG."

Status
Not open for further replies.