Help understanding city ordinance - No 15A circuits allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamjamma

Holy Smokes people!!!

Check out the reply I got.

Comments?:lol:
You often put fifteen amp breakers on 12 wire..just as you often put 20 amp breakers on 10 wire... I have seen fifteen amp breakers on 10 wire before... don’t know what they are saying..if they don’t want 14 wire, no problem.

kwired

Electron manager
Holy Smokes people!!!

Check out the reply I got.

Comments?:lol:
Ask them if they have any people with electrical knowledge in their organization.

Their head really will spin when they see a NEC compliant motor/HVAC circuit with 14 AWG conductor and a 30 or 40 amp breaker protecting it.

jumper

Ask them if they have any people with electrical knowledge in their organization.

Their head really will spin when they see a NEC compliant motor/HVAC circuit with 14 AWG conductor and a 30 or 40 amp breaker protecting it.

Well they do have an electrical inspector, so hopefully I can get to talk to that person.

jumper

I do kinda like this rule that the county has adopted:

15.18.050 - Code required.
It shall be mandatory for every electrical contractor to obtain a copy of the current edition of the National Electrical Code and have at least one copy at their place of business. There shall be a fifteen dollar fine levied each day when the code book is not at their place of business.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I do kinda like this rule that the county has adopted:

15.18.050 - Code required.
It shall be mandatory for every electrical contractor to obtain a copy of the current edition of the National Electrical Code and have at least one copy at their place of business. There shall be a fifteen dollar fine levied each day when the code book is not at their place of business.

I like that too and it may be worth them practicing what they preach or a least have someone around that understands what it says.

Roger

jumper

I like that too and it may be worth them practicing what they preach or a least have someone around that understands what it says.

Roger

The dept only has 2 inspectors. One combo building, the main inspector, and an electrical inspector. I am hoping that the electrical guy understands a little better. We’ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.