Pimp My Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

Re: Pimp My Ride

Al, I'm amazed that an '82 hasn't thoroughly disintegrated in the rough climate of Minnesota. Here in New England, vehicles take a horrible beating, especially the undercarriage, from the road salt and sand used in the winter.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer

Peter,

I had it rust proofed before the dealer gave it to me. It had some cancer on the rocker panels, but I had that dealt with when the repair from the bus damage occured.

It is showing some small signs again at the edges, but the free paint job did wonders.

[ October 14, 2005, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: al hildenbrand ]

P

Physis 2

I would have never guessed this one would still be near the top. :p

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

:D

Wow.
icon14.gif

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer

George,

Yah, there are still a few spots that beg development. There's a vertical space behind the driver's left shoulder that has escaped organizing. There's a heap of wirenuts and my raincoat there now. :D

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

That's the next step for my van - a good spot to hang a couple of coats. This time of year, I wear my jacket in the morning because it's chilly in the morning, but shed it by 10am. I was thinking about a hook on the side door, but that would get old quick with getting in and out after stuff. :)

Between seats up front is my 5-gallon trash bucket, so up front is out of the question. Three hooks for baseball and hard hats, and a couple filing boxes, and there's just enough room for my lunchbox. :D

jes25

:)

The two front bins are open the bed where I built two elevated compartments, one for wire and one for tools. The elevation allows for up to 8' items like ground rods or shovels benders etc. The way its set-up I rarely have to get in it. I also took out the middle seat in the cab and built a custom filing console complete with drink holders
:D

[ October 16, 2005, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: jes25 ]

P

Physis 2

Scott, you didn't have to say SA circuit, you could have just said Aricle 210 or CMP 2. :D

The last time I looked at this thread I didn't notice all the work trucks. When I get a chance (It's hard right now) I'll have to take a better look at how you guys operate. This looks like a great thread. Maybe I'll through in a picture of my ride for amusement. :D

jes25

Originally posted by georgestolz:
Joe, that is awesome! :)
I got the topper from a truck acc. place near my house. You can get it total custom including doors( how many and where) I think it ran about 1500 bucks, But with my GM discount I only paid 14,200$ for the truck. Not bad. :cool:

jes25

Originally posted by apauling:
jes's part of the country has my eye, much more than the truck.

paul
I live in a suburb of the Detroit about 5 mi. outside of the city. It was developed in the 50's and consists mostly of bungalows. It has been a pretty hip place to live for younger people in recent years and the downtown is small but pretty cool especially in the summer. I like it.

I don't think you can see in the picture but I am putting a addition on my own house. Its nice to have project of your own after you fix up everybody else's place :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.