Pimp My Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardworkingstiff

Re: Pimp My Ride

I have my van set up so I hardly ever have to get in it. Drawers in the back, drawers in the side. Shelf on each side up high.

Someone tell me how to get a picture posted, and I'll show you (after I clean it up, lol). I'm too old to be climbing in/out constantly.

allenwayne

7 pages on the condition of a truck :confused: I knew a guy m Orlano that had papers up to the ceiling along a wall,ask him to find an invoice 1 minute later he had it.

hardworkingstiff

Ok, first, yessss, I'm a sloppy person. Now that we are past that, this is the best set up I've worked out of. I should have forced the flash on my camera, but I still think you get the idea. I also have a 5x12 open trailer I pull when I need it. I need to run a 1-ton, because loaded like this I weigh in at around 8500 - 9000 pounds.

Here is the back of the van. Conduit goes in the left lower, pipe wrenches and 700 unit in the middle lower, there is another lower drawer not pulled out and the left and middle upper drawers pull out like the right one is in the picture.

detail

Here is the side view. There is a 3rd lower right hand drawer not in view, and the upper right drawer pulls out like the longer one in the middle shown in the drawing.

detail

For me it works great. Lot's of storage with easy access. I do have to crawl into the van on occasion, but mostly it's all available from outside the van.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer

Stiff,

I'm curious to see your ride.

You handled the UBB code in the post above, it looks like, although I can't see it directly. I infer it 'cause I can see the properties for the photos. Yahoo, I believe, blocks sharing of photos on bulletin boards and forums like this. . .so Yahoo's servers don't allow the link.

www.PhotoBucket.com offers a free entry level service that is quite versatile, in my opinion. I took the liberty of copying your two images, at the reduced resolution (480x360) that Yahoo allows me to view them at when I turn my browser to your picture URL, and reposted them at my account at PhotoBucket.

Side:
HWStiff_Side.jpg

Back:
HWStiff_Rear.jpg

apauling

Boy, I'd hate to hit a bump or pothole, if the springs held and parts bounced out, the parts might jam the drawers. But you've been driving it so you would know.
:D
paul

hardworkingstiff

Originally posted by apauling:
Boy, I'd hate to hit a bump or pothole, if the springs held and parts bounced out, the parts might jam the drawers. But you've been driving it so you would know.
:D
paul
Been lucky so far. 150,000 miles and no problems.

iwire

Staff member

Looks good Hardworker. :cool:

I have thought about going that route, the store bought set ups like that cost to much. I was toying with building my own.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Originally posted by al hildenbrand:
[QB]I took the liberty of copying your two images, at the reduced resolution (480x360) that Yahoo allows me to view them at when I turn my browser to your picture URL, and reposted them at my account at PhotoBucket.
Too many steps, Al! :D

I hit "quote" on Stiff's post, copied the URL, went there. Once there, all you have to do is either click and hold (for me) (or probably right-click on a windows machine) and when the pop-up pops up, simply select "copy image location." Then you can paste the 'img' brackets around that, and it would work directly from Stiff's site. :D

al hildenbrand

Occupation

I dunno George, I'm seeing a little box with an X in it. :p

[ October 11, 2005, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: al hildenbrand ]

al hildenbrand

Occupation

Originally posted by georgestolz:
I hit "quote" on Stiff's post, copied the URL, went there. Once there, all you have to do is either click and hold (for me) (or probably right-click on a windows machine) and when the pop-up pops up, simply select "copy image location."
:cool: I never've explored the " " marks at the top right of each post. . .thanks! That's a neat trick.
icon14.gif
And here I thought everyone was being careful and actually typing in "Originally posted by xxxxxx:"

As for windows machines, it's a right click on the picture which opens a dialog box, scroll down to properties and copy the "Address (URL)" off the next dialog box that opens.

This is what the Address (URL) looks like (for those of you not so motivated to get that far under the hood. I substituted {} for [] so the code will show in the post:
{IMG}http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41cdd644zc60c15fe/idea/__sr_/8dd9.jpg?phlaFTDBkvYqRWQX{/IMG}

bensonelectric

Oh yes, I also own the 14v Rigid, and I love it. It is a little heavy, but weighs less than most 18v'ers out there but still has more tourqe and longer lasting (and faster recharding) batteries. Nice choice on tools.

hardworkingstiff

I would just think wood shelves would rattle and squeak like crazy. In therory. :D
The wood drawers don't move, too heavy, lol. The steel I used to hang the shelves does a little squeaking when I don't keep the screws tight. Got to come up with a better method on that.

I saw a van a couple of months ago that had lift open doors (something like on the back of a pickup bed cap{or whatever it's called}) that ran down the driver side of the van. No that looked interesting.

[ October 13, 2005, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: hardworkingstiff ]

hardworkingstiff

Originally posted by hardworkingstiff:
I would just think wood shelves would rattle and squeak like crazy. In therory. :D
The wood drawers don't move, too heavy, lol. The steel I used to hang the shelves does a little squeaking when I don't keep the screws tight. Got to come up with a better method on that.

I saw a van a couple of months ago that had lift open doors (something like on the back of a pickup bed cap{or whatever it's called}) that ran down the driver side of the van. No that looked interesting.
(edited: I wrote passenger side when I meant driver)

al hildenbrand

Occupation

OK. Wood interiors. I took delivery on my Vandura back in the Fall of '82. I was already running an overloaded truck. I took the time to build in what I wanted. Shot 1/2" ply to the ribs and ceiling and let the floor float (tied it to the sides as I built in the shelves, etc.)

I was rearended by a 42 passenger school bus a while back, & had it not been for the cabinetry and the 1000 odd screws holding the shell together it probably would have sheared off half the back.
WorkTruckRear.jpg

There are 12" deep cardboard parts boxes (2" to 12" wide, my choice) on the four undivided shelves on the left. The two lower shelves on the right are perfect for milk creates and the upper has a selection of random cardboard boxes. The bottom shelves are on top of the wheel wells, and the shelves are deeper than the wells, so I've god ground rods on the left and bender handles on the right.

The spool wire, cable, flex is up at the front of what you see, below the tool boxes.

WorkTruckSide.jpg

I'm still trying to wear this truck out. I don't do a lot of annual miles as I work in a large metro area, so that helps with the vehicle's longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.