Pimp My Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

apauling

Re: Pimp My Ride

Bob: for theft, some guys keep their ladders inside, as a 24' extension can ride just fine up on the dash, sort of like an armrest. Worked with a guy who's van would have to improve a lot to look like yours, and he is a great electrician. He would unload as much as needed at each job to make the van functional. The jobs were more secure to leave parts and tools, than on the street.

I organized my van a lot, mostly because by the end of the week/job it looked like it was managed by fema. Your van looks like all the ones the good electricians i know drive.

paul

electricmanscott

Matt, I have the 14 volt Ridgid. Works well but is way toi heavy. I bought a 12 volt Hitachi drill with a falshlight, extra battery and case for eighty bucks at Lowes. The drill is small light and has a belt hook on it. The best and most used cordless tool I own.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager

Now that photobucket appears to be up and running...

Originally posted by electricmanscott:
Since I'm throwing fireballs I'll back up my smack talk. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/electricmanscott/DSC00545.jpg
That is an awesome setup for a van. It is special order? The interior looks similar to the types we buy for our service department only more square and functional.

This is what they have:
:D

apuat

The van I drive is currently driving me up the wall, but there isn't much of a #$^& thing I can do about it. Mine is used for the subdivision I am in, and tends to haul around material for two crews. It is a '98 E350 with about a 15' long, 10' high cutaway box set on a dually frame. It's not exactly something I can take home to build some shelves in(it currently has one). I generally try to at least once a week clean and organize but some others don't seem to care to much about organization :( . To me it is an embarrasement having everything in boxes. The company's owner said he will get more shelves put in once they take it to be lettered and numbered... a small bit of hope.

iwire

Staff member

Peter, Scott and George, is this a little better? :D

Vanclean.jpg

Of course most of my tools are not in here, it just got back from being repaired.

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by peter d:
Yeah, looks good Bob. Is all the junk sitting on the ground right out view? :D
Nope, the tools are in my personal truck and the stock is on the job.

What does your van look like? :D

peter d

Originally posted by iwire:

What does your van look like? :( But as soon as I find one you'll be the first to see pictures of the truck. :p

Edit missing word

[ October 08, 2005, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: peter d ]

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor

Originally posted by iwire:
I do not have a silver bell on my hood.
I can think of about 10 responses to this that I'm not going to post. :eek:

[ October 08, 2005, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: LarryFine ]

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by georgestolz:
You need about three more ladders to really make it pop. :D
Well my 6' is not in the picture. :p

On the roof is a 24', 10' and two 8's

Usually one 6' inside but I also keep a spare 6' in the garage.

Nothing is worse than having people doing nothing because of a ladder shortage. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.